• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Ever Vault Trip!

da_nige

Oakley Enthusiast
On Sunday I went to my 'local' Vault - a 500 mile round trip!!

Until I joined the forum a few months ago I didn't even know there were any Vaults in the UK. My brother keeps marine fish and there are some good fish shops near Manchester so I tagged along and we went for a detour to Cheshire Oaks to the Vault.

I had mixed feelings. Prices on the glasses weren't as keen as I'd hoped but they had some good prices on everything else and the watches seemed reasonably priced. Having gone all that way I wasn't leaving empty handed though.

It was great to walk into the store and just try stuff on. Normally its a pain having to ask shop assistants to open cabinets etc. I discovered some styles that fit me well I'd never think of (Batwolf, Radar Range, Pit Bull) and some that I hoped would suit me just didn't like the Scalpel. I really wanted a pair of Juliets or X squared but they looked terrible on me. The Pit Boss however was very nice. Just too expensive for me at the moment. I like the sport styled frames and have HJs, Flaks and M Frames. I tried a pair of Radars a few months back and was disappointed by how shallow the lenses were. Having now tried on a pair of Ranges I know these fit really well.

When I was a teenager I owned a pair of red FMJ XX and loved the FMJ coating. I've always wanted another pair and when I saw and tried on the Pit Bulls I knew I had to have them. I thought my MDs fitted well but the Pit Bulls fit even better.

Enough words, onto the pictures. I walked out with a card case, cap, lanyard and the Gunmetal FMJ/Fire Pit Bulls. I will definitely be back looking for more. Next up I want a pair of Split Jackets and a pair of Radars.

Neil

0OLY0234_zpsf128bf54.jpg

0OLY0237_zps6110373a.jpg

Attachments

• 0OLY0234_zpsf128bf54.jpg
    0OLY0234_zpsf128bf54.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 0OLY0237_zps6110373a.jpg
    0OLY0237_zps6110373a.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 149
WOW! 500 miles is a LONG way to go for a vault! I'm happy you picked some items up though. :thumb:

It's also cool that you were able to see how things fit as well rather than ordering online and getting disappointed when it showed up.

Thanks guys!

Frank - I was kinda lucky because I ordered a pair of Juliets a few months ago online just as they were starting to disappear. The store were taking so long to send them that I cancelled the order. Glad I did now because they really do not fit my face at all well!

Oakle y - I'm a pro photographer (weddings) and I'm fed up with having my cards in my wallet getting bent so I will now have them in the case.

If it was the end of wedding season I'd have probably picked up the Pit Boss but I just can't justify the cost at the moment. It was also the Rootbeer which I'm not as keen on. I probably won't get the chance to buy new Pit Boss again but such is life

Neil

Thanks guys!

Frank - I was kinda lucky because I ordered a pair of Juliets a few months ago online just as they were starting to disappear. The store were taking so long to send them that I cancelled the order. Glad I did now because they really do not fit my face at all well!

Oakle y - I'm a pro photographer (weddings) and I'm fed up with having my cards in my wallet getting bent so I will now have them in the case.

If it was the end of wedding season I'd have probably picked up the Pit Boss but I just can't justify the cost at the moment. It was also the Rootbeer which I'm not as keen on. I probably won't get the chance to buy new Pit Boss again but such is life

Neil

Damn I'd buy the card holder (just to have a spare) and the new pitboss. I just don't have the chance to jump on those awesome pieces here.

On Sunday I went to my 'local' Vault - a 500 mile round trip!!

By UK standards that's not a road trip, it's closer to a Lord of the Rings epic!! Where do you live mate? I ask as there's an outlet at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth. Assuming you're not Scottish it's got to be closer than Cheshire Oaks.

Back