• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Frogskins

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
As I'm getting more into collection mode I'm picking up some "must-haves". As far as I can tell, there is no more prolific or iconic pair in Oakley's history than the Frogskin.

I hadn't picked one up yet due to 1) the style (lens coverage) and 2) I was preferring to purchase Oakley's with Unobtainium on the stems and nose.

But I finally settled on this pair. Had to go Matte Black (if no unobtainium) and Ruby polarized. Can't dig enough the cooling, calming blue view out of the Ruby lenses (and Jade/Emerald).

In terms of lens coverage/fit: As I suspected, there is a gaping void of lens coverage at the peripheries, where it rounds off. Especially compared to any other lifestyle pair I own (batwolf, oil rig, fuel cell, crankcase). Obv those are all highly or mostly wrapping styles, so this is quite an adjustment.

I was a little worried about the fit, given the stems "ear hook" system. Wasn't sure how they'd hold on my face. This part actually surprised me as there is virtually zero loose movement (in any direction I look, even shaking my head a bit to try to dislodge them). They actually "hold" their ideal position on my face extremely well for being so light and having no unobtainium.

Pics below of them! Picked 'em up for $66.00, they are virtually brand new ("P" sticker still on lens), lenses are perfect, frames are perfect as far as I can tell (having inspected them fairly thoroughly upon receipt).

There's also a couple pics of me wearing them. I'm okay with the look, but then again I've found I'm not the best judge of that. I still somewhat struggle to find the "ideal" (or close to) frame/style for my face/bald head. Definitely wouldn't hate any feedback on this part.

20170521_085413.jpg
20170521_085449.jpg
20170521_085534.jpg
20170521_085618.jpg
20170521_085646.jpg
20170521_092122.jpg
20170521_092159.jpg

Congrats, you wear them well. It took awhile but I also recently bought my first pair. High Grade Collection Tobacco w/ Dark Bronze. Surprised that I liked them a lot more than I thought I would. Everybody should have at least 1 pair.

Congrats, you wear them well. It took awhile but I also recently bought my first pair. High Grade Collection Tobacco w/ Dark Bronze. Surprised that I liked them a lot more than I thought I would. Everybody should have at least 1 pair.

Thanks, I'm getting first Holbrooks in a couple days - on the hunt for the best pair for my face.

Thanks, I'm getting first Holbrooks in a couple days - on the hunt for the best pair for my face.

I'm finding myself taking another look at the Holbrooks. I bought a pair at the local Vault awhile back but ended up returning them. Really wasn't crazy about them. I think it was the colorway I didn't really like. Olive Ink just didn't work for me. Maybe matte black next time.

Latest Posts

Back