• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Gen Frogskin Lenses

leofe

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys,
Just bought these glasses...
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Will I be able to replace the lenses, am worried now as the lenses I have seen on ebay say:
" cut to fit perfectly into your Oakley Frogskins frames with plastic hinges. "

And these have metal hinges... Please Help! :blink:

Hi guys,
Just bought these glasses...
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Will I be able to replace the lenses, am worried now as the lenses I have seen on ebay say:

And these have metal hinges... Please Help! :blink:
1st gen Frogs have metal hinges.
2nd gen and current 3rd gen Frogs have plastic hinges.

Thanks, but I know these are 1st gen frogskins. What Im trying to point out is will the lenses fit these first gen models as in the advert for lenses it says

If not do you know where I can get lenses which will fit into first gen frogskins?
Thanks

Hmm strange, VL just replied saying:
Thank you for your message!

Unfortunately we do not yet carry lenses that will fit the Frogskins with metal hinges. I am sorry that we do not have what you need! Our development team is continually working to expand our inventory, however, and I will pass along your suggestion! Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Thanks,

From what I've seen, it appears like the older (1st) gen lenses are a hair bit larger then the newer 2nd gen lenses.

So putting in 2nd gen lenses into a 1st gen frame is easy. (i've done this)

I would think that putting in larger 1st gen lenses into a 2nd gen frame might be difficult (never tried this.)

Good luck!

Back