• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

first gen lens

I don't think so man. I jumped on the band wagon pretty quick back then; definitely don't remember Ruby polar... Not sure when they came out with the Ruby polar. In fact, when I got back into Oakley last year I was delighted to find out that I could now buy Ruby lenses that were polarized to have cut for my glasses.

I don't think so man. I jumped on the band wagon pretty quick back then; definitely don't remember Ruby polar... Not sure when they came out with the Ruby polar. In fact, when I got back into Oakley last year I was delighted to find out that I could now buy Ruby lenses that were polarized to have cut for my glasses.

On the button @joecool862!

unfortunately no sir. The reddish ruby you can get are the ones on the Xserial frames first gens and they are not pola..

20151117_191206_HDR.jpg

these came in on a first gen plasma frame, they are ruby and are exquisite in color, but they are polarized so I know they aren't first gen ruby.im just trying to figure out what they are so I can score a set of these

Last edited:
My first gen fire looks more like Ruby than fire. Looks just like that. Killer on that bone plasma.

No polarized ruby on any real x metal. They are either aftermarket or chops. Don't you have that spike lens testing device for one-time verification? :)

Last edited:
That's a nice looking lens x-man. Agreed, I'd love that color OEM polar in one of my frames. Most of the big taco Ruby polars I got were definitely more fruby, less ruby.

Back