• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Generation Frogskins - Japan Missing?

stroked250

Oakley Beginner
I am new to the forum and getting back into the Frogskin game; thanks in advance for your help, this is a great forum!

My Frogskins have metal hinges, Oakley printed on the outside arm, frogskins(tm) on the inside of the arm. I do not see Japan written on them. Is this normal?

I also have the original box; how do I know it is authentic? Do people fake the box too. I found these on 7/15/2015 and they have never been worn! Brand new! :)

Thank you again,
Kevin

It's hard to answer your question without pictures ...

Normally I would say it's fine, as the word Japan usually rubs off over time.

However, it they are new and unworn as you say, the word Japan should be there ...

It's hard to answer your question without pictures ...

Normally I would say it's fine, as the word Japan usually rubs off over time.

However, it they are new and unworn as you say, the word Japan should be there ...
The 'Japan' should be engraved/carved in the right ear stem ... I've seen pairs that are better than others ...

The word can appear used and fade with time but I somehow doubt it will completely disappear, ESPECIALLY if it's NIB ...

It that pair is genuine, either it's a DE pair that missed getting its stamp if he's lying to you...

I will post some photos. Interesting that I have found 2 other original 1st gens and they are also without the Japan label. One pair is also nearly never worn so I can't imagine it wore off

Latest Posts

Back