• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First (ish) non-O-Matter fame, Wire Tap 2.0 Pewter w/ PDP

KarlBlessing

I should Work at Oakley
West Michigan
P1011261_sm.jpg

The "ish" part is because I had a pair of black Savitars with Rose Gold Polarized Prizm for a day, but couldn't get used to the green tinge of the Rose Gold, and I wanted a bronze or copper ish frame color, but the Savitar only came with a non-polarized Tungsten lens in that color, and the Ejector with Tungsten lens had a very loud bright copper look, plus if I didn't like Rose Gold I imagine I'd run into the same issue with the Tungsten device.

Saw the Wire Tap 2.0 and liked the way the lines work, and since Prizm Daily Polarized is a 'rose' base like my Shallow Water Polarized (on my Holbrook XL Black) and Trail (on my Woodgrand Holbrook XL), those seemed like the most logical offering combining a darker non-black warm metal frame with a rose-base polarized lens among the Savitar, Whisker, Ejector, and Wire Tap 2.0 I was looking at.

This is my third pair of Oakley aside from my two Holbrook XLs.

Congrats! I love DWP.
I didn't get the Deep water one though, mostly because I'd have to order it to ship, and the Prizm Daily Polarized was only 2% VLT brighter anyways. It's odd how Pewter and Satin Lead look very close to the same on their website (Satin Lead being the one they paired with Deep Water).

I thought about having that ordered, and if I did it would certainly be some kind of theme going on having Shallow Water, Deep Water, and Trail. Chances are when I get a 4th pair they will be Deep Water (just not sure if it's going to be another Holbrook XL in woodgrain again, or some other kind of frame).

I didn't get the Deep water one though, mostly because I'd have to order it to ship, and the Prizm Daily Polarized was only 2% VLT brighter anyways. It's odd how Pewter and Satin Lead look very close to the same on their website (Satin Lead being the one they paired with Deep Water).

I thought about having that ordered, and if I did it would certainly be some kind of theme going on having Shallow Water, Deep Water, and Trail. Chances are when I get a 4th pair they will be Deep Water (just not sure if it's going to be another Holbrook XL in woodgrain again, or some other kind of frame).
Ahh I didn’t read close enough. Prizm daily is awesome too, both those polarized wiretaps are great. I like the pewter/PDP colorway as a throw-back to the cement/OO BIP wiretap that was out about 5-10 years ago.

Ahh I didn’t read close enough. Prizm daily is awesome too, both those polarized wiretaps are great. I like the pewter/PDP colorway as a throw-back to the cement/OO BIP wiretap that was out about 5-10 years ago.
I love color schemes that are dark grey, gunmetal or copper-ish (but darker), It was what influenced me to get tungsten in a gunmetal ish color for my wedding band. Black is usually my fall-back when I can't get what I want (but I usually shy away from black because depending on the product they don't take long to scratch and show thru the silver base material).

If I do want to get a titanium frame I'll probably start trying to hunt down something in the X-Metal family that suits my medium to larger head size. The currently produced metal offerings seem a little limited for the style I'd like (Savitar, Ejector, Wire Tap 2.0, and Whiskers), and from my understanding you can usually get different lenes cut and swapped for most of the X-Metal frames.

:p Well right now I'm actually considering taking back my Matte Black Holbrook XL (popping the warm grey lens back in), returning them for credit towards Clifden with Shallow Water Polarized. I'll just end up having loose Holbrook XL SWP lens since I put the Trails I bought into the woodgrain frame (love the combination for my hiking especially when it's not exactly full sun, or open area).

So.... technically still going to be 3 pairs.

Latest Posts

Back