• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Metal Buy?

Eric

Oakley Beginner
Hey all. im looking to buy a metal for the first time. seeing how every ones got a pair.... really looking at getting every ones opinion on what frame i should get. thank guys.

You can never go wrong with a juliet. Out of all the x-metals, it's the one that fits almost every face type and eventhough they've been discontinued, prices are still on the reasonable side for used ones.

Do a little bit of searching around. There are plenty of resources you can read through to make a decision that is in your best interest instead of relying on opinions of others. Yes the juliet is the go to frame since there is the most variety of frame/ lens combos, price is reasonable, and it is the most well rounded interms of fit. But that isn't the end all. You might find that you like bigger frames such as the Romeo and xx or even the smallest frame the penny. Each one has its own uniqueness.

Try one you like and decide based on the fit and comfort. My first x metal was an x metal xx...

I would also say go for a Juliet, but depending in your facial size the penny will be better for a smaller face and the X Metal XX will be better for a larger size. Juliet will best suit a medium to large face.

My first was a Juliet but I was very torn between the XX and the Juliet. I was on the cusp of going to XX but my wife said the Juliets looked better... that was long ago and I'm bigger/fatter now and I think the Juliets look a bit small almost like an asian fit on a large face! haha. I have a set of XX as well and I find that my eyes get better coverage vs. the Juliets. I wear both but I think the best thing to do is get your hands on a pair of Juliets, put them on and have someone take a photo, same with the XX, Romeo or whatever style you are considering. First you have to like the look, then make sure it looks good on you!

My first was also a Juliet but being a large man with a large head I feel the xx is a better look for me. I still plan to keep one of my Juliets but will sell the other. I also love the Romeo and x squared for my stature but the Juliet is definitely a go to pair to start.

Latest Posts

Back