• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Non-XL Holbrook for $20

KarlBlessing

I should Work at Oakley
West Michigan
I don't think I did too shabby for $20, off the local FB Market place.

Holbrook Asian Fit , polished white, 24K Iridium lens. Popped the lens out and cleaned what seemed like some build up of sweat in the hinge and groove of the lens socket and washed off the lens with tap and blow dried (as opposed to wiping it dry first).

Got some delamination starting at the very edge of the inside, front surface has a bunch of the swirly marks with a couple nicks thru the iridium (probably dried it with a dirty shirt over time). The white still pretty clean.

Checked the usual for authenticity (raised icons, accented "O" in Holbrook, SKU marking etc).

They fit pretty well, first Non-XL Holbrook I got and the 'low bridge' fit seems comfortable, the holbrook width doesn't seem too tight on my head.

Was there a large difference between the older 24K Iridium and the newer Prizm 24K? I don't have my XL with Prizm 24K anymore but these appear same-ish looking thru.

I feel like even if I just got new lens I would still come out ahead.

P1022331.jpg
P1022332.jpg
P1022333.jpg
P1022334.jpg

That’s a good find! The main difference between 24k and the Prizm version is the color contrast though the two lenses. But they look very similar

Got some aftermarket cheapies that are a fit for Holbrook, pink front but definitely not warm or pink ish thru the back (very dark green almost emerald hue), perfect fit, not loose or too tight. Not horrible quality but could have gone with a different base color. Point is tho, can just use standard Holbrook lens and confirmed it least thru the aftermarket route.

20211123_112521-01.jpeg

20211123_112732-01.jpeg

Will probably try to find a used OEM down the road.

Got some aftermarket cheapies that are a fit for Holbrook, pink front but definitely not warm or pink ish thru the back (very dark green almost emerald hue), perfect fit, not loose or too tight. Not horrible quality but could have gone with a different base color. Point is tho, can just use standard Holbrook lens and confirmed it least thru the aftermarket route.

View attachment 919672
View attachment 919673

Will probably try to find a used OEM down the road.
Love the garage facade!