• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Oakleys: Where do you buy online? Does it matter?

ifyoucantakeit

Oakley Beginner
I prefer to shop at the Vault store near me. The staff is great and you can try on pairs. I avoid Sunglass Hut at all costs, but that is from past bad experiences. Would strongly advise that you buy your first pair in-person. Trying on frames and knowing 'how they feel' and what you are getting is super important. IMO you cant go wrong with a simple pair of M frames (or radar) https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9343?variant=888392546593

store locator if you are in North America. = All Oakley Vault locations | Men's & Women's Sunglasses, Goggles, & Apparel
I did try them on, and I already know what I want, more or less.
Is there a way to check what is in stock at a Vault store? The closest to me is one hour away, and it might not be worth the trip, since I already have an idea of what I'm looking for.

Mg228

Oakley Collector
Premium Member
Yea you’re down there. I’m all the way up north in Rutherford.

WildWires

Oakley Collector
I have ordered a couple pairs from Amazon over time and they are authentic- I am not sure about the warranty though. Then again Oakley’s warranty doesn’t cover much anymore anyways.

ifyoucantakeit

Oakley Beginner
I have ordered a couple pairs from Amazon over time and they are authentic- I am not sure about the warranty though. Then again Oakley’s warranty doesn’t cover much anymore anyways.
Thanks, this is useful re: warranty. I chatted today with someone on oakley.com and they said that if it's sold from amazon.com or from a main store (****'s, etc.) they are authentic and guaranteed. Now... if the warranty is not that big of a deal (I thought it was, reading around), then I may simply go with a sunglassoutlet.com