• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Oakleys: Where do you buy online? Does it matter?

ifyoucantakeit

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
I'm on the market to buy my first pair of Oakley for road cycling. This is the first "brand" pair of sunglasses for me, so I'm trying to keep the price down and looking for sales/deals. I'm looking at either Jawbreakers or Radars, depending on what I find.
Per my questions: where should I look at to buy online? Amazon? Oakley? Somewhere else?
Also, does it matter where I buy, regarding warranty or something else? For example, Amazon has several "sellers" (amazon.com itself, sunglasshut.com, other less known online stores). Other online stores (sunglassoutlet, jomashop, ebay etc.) I don't think will offer any warranty: will it matter?
Thank you so much!

Welcome to OF. You can buy Radars and Jawbreakers in any of those sites. Just be careful with fakes. Cheap Chinese version of both are being sold everywhere, and people w/o knowledge can easily get screwed. You can also buy right here in OF, once you meet the requirements: 2 weeks as a member, plus 15 total posts
Thank you very much for responding. How important is to have a warranty? I've read that sunglassoutlet (or their eBay equivalent) are reliable and legitimate, but obviously they do not offer a warranty. Does it matter or not so much?

I prefer to shop at the Vault store near me. The staff is great and you can try on pairs. I avoid Sunglass Hut at all costs, but that is from past bad experiences. Would strongly advise that you buy your first pair in-person. Trying on frames and knowing 'how they feel' and what you are getting is super important. IMO you cant go wrong with a simple pair of M frames (or radar) https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9343?variant=888392546593

store locator if you are in North America. = All Oakley Vault locations | Men's & Women's Sunglasses, Goggles, & Apparel

I prefer to shop at the Vault store near me. The staff is great and you can try on pairs. I avoid Sunglass Hut at all costs, but that is from past bad experiences. Would strongly advise that you buy your first pair in-person. Trying on frames and knowing 'how they feel' and what you are getting is super important. IMO you cant go wrong with a simple pair of M frames (or radar) https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9343?variant=888392546593

store locator if you are in North America. = All Oakley Vault locations | Men's & Women's Sunglasses, Goggles, & Apparel
What vault store do you go to? South Jersey?

@mderose451 Yea none of the vaults are too close to me up north so I usually don’t take the ride down south without knowing if it is worth going to.

There are also a few independent shops (surf shops) at the southern jersey shore that always have a cool selection. I actually got a pair of gas cans that the surf shop owner was going to 'throw away' because they had been on display in the sun for the whole summer and they did not have the bag or box. - 20$ mine now...

@mderose451 Nice grab. When I hit wildwood for the yearly family vacation I’ll check some shops out. For the most part, I wear a lot of xmetals besides the handful of other frames I like, so I don’t really expect to find anything that I’ll really wear anyway as to why I do my looking and buying online.

Latest Posts

Back