• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Pair Of Juliets. Need Some Help.

• Thread starter IainFromCanada
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IainFromCanada

Only in the last year have I got into collecting Oakley's, and every collection needs something X-metal. I work at a car dealership and these were found in a car that was traded in, The guy who cleaned it knew I was an Oakley fan and gave them to me. $40 for a tune up from Oakley and they are almost perfect once again. The lenses are totally shot, but the serial number is J002676. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me when these were made. thanks !
IMAG1168.jpg
IMAG1168.jpg
IMAG1170.jpg

Lucky guy!

EDIT: I stand corrected! Looks like an early gen!

Last edited:
I know there are different letter combinations to specify different releases but I figured the low number could be good. Thanks guys !

Oakley still has lenses for them. Spend the $60 for Oakley lenses and you'll have a great pair that should last you for years to come (provided you take care of them).

No thoughts on contacting the car who turned in his car? Just saying.
I seen and heard Dealerships have rules that are like "you a traded it, Im a keepin' it" ... It's your responsibility to check your car before giving it in ...

They have little to no responsibility on returning any said found items ( from a lollipop to a Rolex) because they're 'paying' you for the car...

A for better of for worse kinda situation...

Depends on your morals. When you trade a car in you have a lot on your mind. What if it was after dark, and you realize the next day? Im not condoning it, or saying it is wrong. But, i promise if it happened to any of us we would be royally pissed. Also, that is considered theft. You traded the car, not all what was accidentally left in it. If a person cleaning the car finds something of value, should it automatically become theirs??? What if it was a wedding ring or wallet... should you just decide that they left it and so it's mine???? Just a perspective..

I am going to lock this thread. Just based on the fact, that if something was left behind in a vehicle, doesn't mean it can become the sole property of the finder. Its not like it was found in the woods, discarded garbage, etc. The person that found knew, or should have known it was not their's to give awa,y and should have been returned back to the owner. Just like electronic toll pass transmitters, garage door openers, or any personal items that may have been left behind. I am sure members on here would not like it if they left something behind and knew it was there only to have some employee snatch it up for their own.

Just imagine if the owner knew the serial and happen to come on here and see this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back