• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First pair of Juliets

Excellent! I love hearing that. Wear and enjoy them. That's not to say don't take care of them, but get them on and get outside! :dance2:

And as for that thread...I've bought some "castaways" from Marc and they are among the nicest pairs I have! Your wallet will ache for days!!

Yup gonna check out some lens pricing and eventually a tune up to bring em back up to par but that's not gonna stop me from wearing them in the meantime. Just waiting on this weather to make up its mind, sunny one day snowing the next.

My wallet is aching enough already hahaha. I've seen some of your post, you have some nice frames.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yup gonna check out some lens pricing and eventually a tune up to bring em back up to par but that's not gonna stop me from wearing them in the meantime. Just waiting on this weather to make up its mind, sunny one day snowing the next.

My wallet is aching enough already hahaha. I've seen some of your post, you have some nice frames.

Thank you! Good call wearing them before you get them tuned. There should be a little bit of bridge flex on them, but not sloppy hanging loose. (Ahem. :spiteful:)

I never suffer from buyers remorse with Oakleys. If I don't like a pair of non-metals I grabbed it just means I wear them less, or trade them away later. X Metals? Never any remorse or regret. And I am up to 11 Juliets now, I think...

And still hoarding!

Thank you! Good call wearing them before you get them tuned. There should be a little bit of bridge flex on them, but not sloppy hanging loose. (Ahem. :spiteful:)

I never suffer from buyers remorse with Oakleys. If I don't like a pair of non-metals I grabbed it just means I wear them less, or trade them away later. X Metals? Never any remorse or regret. And I am up to 11 Juliets now, I think...

And still hoarding!
Welcome. They are a little sloppy, probably more than they should be, but I'll make it work.

I've only regretted one pair and that was madmans but luckily I was able to return them lol. The rest I got cheap enough that if I don't wear them I still get to look at em. Nothing wrong with hoarding Oakleys, especially xmetals.

Welcome. They are a little sloppy, probably more than they should be, but I'll make it work.

I've only regretted one pair and that was madmans but luckily I was able to return them lol. The rest I got cheap enough that if I don't wear them I still get to look at em. Nothing wrong with hoarding Oakleys, especially xmetals.

Well stated point.

I have 4 Madman and get them in the wear rotation, especially in the summer evenings out on the deck...faces west so I always need sunnies in the evenings. They are what they are, and I find them cool and functional (Not Metals....but that's a whole other kettle of fish that's been opened in here many times).

Well stated point.

I have 4 Madman and get them in the wear rotation, especially in the summer evenings out on the deck...faces west so I always need sunnies in the evenings. They are what they are, and I find them cool and functional (Not Metals....but that's a whole other kettle of fish that's been opened in here many times).

They are cool for what they are I guess I'd say. I'm not the person that would ever wear them so they wouldn't/didn't do me any good other than sit in the box they came in. Decided to return and put the money elsewhere. Yeah I've seen some of those discussions...

They are cool for what they are I guess I'd say. I'm not the person that would ever wear them so they wouldn't/didn't do me any good other than sit in the box they came in. Decided to return and put the money elsewhere. Yeah I've seen some of those discussions...

If they're not for you absolutely move them to someone who they are (or might be) for, well done. Sitting in the box is bad. Unless it's a duplicate pair you want to keep unopened of a pair you like and wear...then I'm all for it!

If they're not for you absolutely move them to someone who they are (or might be) for, well done. Sitting in the box is bad. Unless it's a duplicate pair you want to keep unopened of a pair you like and wear...then I'm all for it!

Hopefully someone got them and will get some use. I don't have any duplicates all mine get put into rotation at some point or another even if it's once every few months. I lean towards my go-to pairs and throw in one here and there to change it up.

Hopefully someone got them and will get some use. I don't have any duplicates all mine get put into rotation at some point or another even if it's once every few months. I lean towards my go-to pairs and throw in one here and there to change it up.

Same here, I definitely have favorites and go-to's. I manage to mix in everything, even the OTT. You want to see people looking at you funny? Wear those to the grocery store!

Same here, I definitely have favorites and go-to's. I manage to mix in everything, even the OTT. You want to see people looking at you funny? Wear those to the grocery store!
That's a pair I'd like to aquire one day but again I'm not the type of person that would wear it. I did see a guy wearing one around the Kentucky Speedway last year which was cool. He probably thought I was looking at him funny but the truth was I knew what they were just hadn't seen one in person before. Wish I coulda talked to him about them.

That's a pair I'd like to aquire one day but again I'm not the type of person that would wear it. I did see a guy wearing one around the Kentucky Speedway last year which was cool. He probably thought I was looking at him funny but the truth was I knew what they were just hadn't seen one in person before. Wish I coulda talked to him about them.

You should try wearing them when you get a pair...waaaay out of your comfort zone, I assure you, but still fun!

I'll do the same with a Medusa when I get one!