• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FirsT Pair!

PtChevy

Oakley Beginner
Just got my first pair in from a member, came with box papers and clothe. But the arms squeak? Never heard this on my other oakleys these were spose to be new in box, but there's a scratch on the frame.. Doesn't bother me much but the squeaking does... Thx for any input

Crystal blacks with +red iridium

Crystal frames, and some other Frogskins frames will have what appear to be scratch marks but are actually just marks from the molding process used to make the frames. If you post pics maybe we can tell if it is a scratch or a mark from the molding process.

Some of the other members may chime in here, but It's been my experience that on models with the tear-off earstems this can happen. If you're feeling adventurous, you could tear the stems off and put them back. Sometimes this drastically reduces the squeakyness.

Some of the other members may chime in here, but It's been my experience that on models with the tear-off earstems this can happen. If you're feeling adventurous, you could tear the stems off and put them back. Sometimes this drastically reduces the squeakyness.

I take it the use of WD-40 isn't recommended? lol.

Anyway, just checked my 3 pairs and the Deuce Coupe has a slight sqeek from one of the legs.