• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First post - few questions

cp13

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys - first time poster...just stumbled upon the forum while doing some research for my latest pair of Oakleys. The site seems like a great resource.

I also just discovered OakleySI.com (Standard Issue), where I've been granted access and will be purchasing my next pair. They have some great pricing and selections. I tried on a few pairs at SGH over the weekend and really like the Crankshaft and TwoFace models.

Unfortunately, the Crankshaft model that I really want (Matte Black/Black Irid. Polar OO9239-06) is on back order at Standard Issue. Therefore, I am considering picking up their Covert collection Crankshafts (Covert Matte Black W/ Grey OO9239-12). The only issue with the Covert version is they come with a standard Grey lens and I would prefer the Black Iridium Polarized lens. Question: If I buy the Covert version, where is the best place for me to pick up some replacement black iridium polarized lenses that will fit the Crankshaft? I can't seem to find them on Oakley's website.

Covert Crankshaft
898F24F3-5056-9F73-1983A6C35922A82F.jpg

Alternatively, I am considering just picking up the Covert collection TwoFace model instead which already comes with polarized lenses (Covert Matte Black W/ Prizm Daily Polarized OO9189-26). Question: Any thoughts on the Prizm Daily Polarized lenses? What do you guys think of them?

Covert TwoFace
2BEF1309-5056-9F73-19693AFA9F8844AF.jpg

Both models seem to fit me very similarly with the TwoFace being just slightly larger. I really like them both. Depending on the price of replacement Crankshaft lenses, I would probably end up spending around the same amount of money in the end for either pair. These will be daily shades that will see a lot of wear. Which path would you guys take?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to some feedback.

Hi cp13, welcome to the forum
I'm in the U.K so sorry cannot advise on where to buy lenses

But I do have the daily prizm lenses.
It depends what you personally prefer to look through as the prizm has a rose tint and the black iridium has a grey tint

Also the black iridium has more of a mirror effect than the prizm.

The prizm is an excellent lens to look through with superb contrast.
Hope that helps
Lee

I would just order the Crankshaft you want that is on backorder. It will be tough to find a pair of BIP lenses for that frame (especially for the $54 difference) and they are usually pretty quick at filling those orders. Last time I ordered a pair on backorder it took 10 days (as opposed to the 3 weeks stated) and then they were shipped quickly. It depends on if you are in a hurry or not... Hope that helps. :welcome:

No I'm a complete newb when it comes experience with various tints. This may be a case where I just need to see through the lenses in person at a local store before ordering online. I know that I have been happy with the iridium polarized lenses on my previous daily wear sunglasses. No idea what to expect from the Prizm daily type lens.

Contrast tends to be more versatile in varying light conditions, while neutral is best for full-on bright light. So, when you plan to wear them most should be considered.

There are some, though, who just don't care for one or the other strictly as a personal preference. So I'd recommend trying some contrast lenses on in the store, in whatever frames are available. Or you could just take a chance on a pair and rely on the return policy if you don't like them.

Latest Posts

Back