• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customs, BTW...

These are my very first customs... i have been picking up some damaged frames, and restoring them. I thought they might do with a custom paint job. I have an old Iwata HP-C and a Paasche Type V from 25 years ago, so i dug them out to give them a try. I read up a bit, and took all of the advice from the forum, and gave them a quick sanding, used Bulldog adhesion promoter, Hot Rod Flatz Black, House of Kolor paints (the blue splatter is some DupliColor auto paint i had) , and Hot Rod Flatz low gloss clear coat. Splattering took a bit of trial and error before trying it on the frames.

The Oil Rig has a brand new Stealth Black Polarized Revant lens, the Batwolf has a brand new Prizm Sapphire lens, and the Gascan has new GalaxyLense Ice Iridium Polarized lens.

I have two more finishing up. Another splatter blue Gascan, and an M Frame Gen 2 i splattered blue.

Feedback is most welcome.

Brian

View attachment 782859

View attachment 782860

View attachment 782861
They all really look good but the bottom pair r bad ass

While I wait for some new colors, I decided to do a pair of froggies like the eye jackets.

547ADED2-43C4-4837-B3B5-477E3B555A1A.jpeg
511AFAA3-B3E8-4E2D-8029-74A31943BCF5.jpeg
77362689-928E-4ECC-AF57-D4B92CB485BB.jpeg

Thanks. Funny, I look at it and see how I can do better. 😁

I’ve been painting miniatures for 25+ years. There’s a couple tricks... like using tiny brushes, dry brushing, steady hand techniques... but the trick is patience and practice.

Here’s a sample of what I did a few years ago. They are under 3 inches tall. Painted em all with only brushes.

DADCD808-43DC-4D83-ABED-116C519C32EF.jpeg
1827989A-C5F8-468C-B1E7-CC400D5CF2EE.jpeg

The detail in those is insane! No wonder you can keep your hand so steady ahha.

ive been trying the mumbo and razorblade arms I have spare to practice but since it’s a little smaller it’s hard for me. seriously yours looks amazing.

I’ve definitely progressed after 2-3 tries haha

Back