• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First time Oakley purchase.

fvshaggy

Oakley Beginner
Good evening all,

Thanks for having me and I am training to run a marathon and wanted to get a good pair of glasses. I really seem to like the Half Jackets and the Flak 2.0 styles so far. I was wondering what type of fit is on the speed jacket as I have an opportunity to buy a pair of those. Do they fit the same, roughly, as a Flak or Half Jacket. What kind of lenses could I replace them with?

Any information about lens types would be amazing as well.

Many thanks and looking forward to learning alot

I wouldn't recommend the Speed Jacket as that pair omits the Unobtanium on the ear stems. If you're going to be running, you're going to sweat and you definitely don't want the frames to be slipping off. The Unobtanium will help with keeping frames on your head.

You can't go wrong with either the Flak 2.0 or the Half 2.0. If you can, go try on either pair to see how those feel on you. If you like shield frames, the Radar line is a good choice as well.

As for lenses, it would vary on how much light transmission you prefer. I'm not a runner, but I can imagine a pair of Prizm Road could be a good application to seeing imperfections in the road while you run.

Welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of information here with many willing to help.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations. I appreciate the help. I think I am going to go with either the Flak or Half jackets. Both fit me well but just need to figure out the best color.

Back