• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Watch

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
So I am thinking that 2013 might be the year I try to snag my first watch. For my collection I would prefer an older one to go with my Cannon stuff but from an investment standpoint I am looking at a couple current models.

The older ones would have to some from an individual obviously as none are around in stores. The current ones I can get directly from Oakley though.

I have narrowed it down to a couple models and colors. The Hollow Point in orange or the Time Tank in titanium / yellow.

Now keep in mind I wont ever wear these as I done wear a watch anyway, just to display as part of the collection.

Thoughts? Ideas? Pros? Cons? Different colors?

why not the first watch ever made? the Time Bomb is the flagship of the oakley watch. The TB2 as the modern, avant garde piece, and the minute machine as the best design.

but since you dont wear it, the TB2 is too much money to waste. TB1 would be awesome. cannon red or cannon yellow version, Xmetal casing. classic, perfect.

As you said yourself, go with the older stuff (TB) in the Cannon style... I think you answered your own question but then kept thinking about it too much...

Well yes, thats what i want but I can pick the current stuff up at a good price. Unless I run across a killer deal on the TB, Im gonna have to pay full market value, the current models, I dont.

Well yes, thats what i want but I can pick the current stuff up at a good price. Unless I run across a killer deal on the TB, Im gonna have to pay full market value, the current models, I dont.

But when you think that "market value" when it was released was $2K+, you're getting an amazing deal!

The HP and MM are more wearing watches. The TB is really a display watch. But if you were so inclined, the MM presents nicer. More old school styling. The hollowpoint is more geared toward the new stuff's design language

If you are only going to use it as a display piece, obviously you have to get the Time Bomb........but I'm thinking pick up the MM Diamond Dial as it shows very nicely on display, especially if you managed to have it lit properly, then pick up the yellow face to go with it.

If you get enough of a good deal on the hollowpoint I'd recommend getting the orange face AND the red face and put them together just because it'd look cool.

Back