• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First X-Metal... Hopefully Not The Last

ajwilson20

Oakley Enthusiast
Plymouth, UK
I picked up this Polished Penny off ebay last week. I have been slack about getting pictures up but will try harder to document purchases and I will start a thread in the collections section to catalogue how things change.

IMG_1418.jpg

I hadn't seen one complete with box and all paperwork before so couldn't pass this up and was very happy with the price as the ones I have been watching since that were on their own had been going for only slightly less or quite a bit more. Ebay is very random at times but I thought I did well. They are so comfortable to wear so am looking forward to a proper sunny day to try them out. They have a little play in the nose bridge but nothing of concern so I may wait for a while and eventually send them back to Oakley for a tune up.

IMG_1419.jpg

The black iridium lenses are in very good condition (only 1 or 2 little marks) as is the rubber. The penny coin was a bit grubby so I wiped it over with cillit bang cleaner and it came out looking rather new again.

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

Very much bitten by the X-Metal bug now and cant wait to get more, although with the prices of them it will be a much slower acquisition that some of the o-matter glasses that I have. I really want to get some Juliets next. Are they much larger than the penny's?

The Juliet's are bigger, I myself have both penny's and Juliet's, I wear my Juliet's all the time, the penny are a little too small for my face, but I love them in my collection

Nice Penny. I reckon you'll like the Juliet too.

Has anyone here actually stopped at one X-metal?!

Back