• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First x-metal juliets

Congrats on your find. You got a great deal on those. Should make for an easy trade.

So I'm contemplating a tune up and possibly slight refinish and just keeping these :D
With or without the refinish I was thinking of some new lenses. What is the most "chrome" reflective looking lens? Titanium iridium? I may keep the orbitala polished and do the nose and stems a high gloss black. Wish someone still did that ceramic black coating like polished carbon

Sounds like you are a man with a plan!

You can get Chrome Iridium lenses for these dude.

@Chris A Hardaway could always cut you a set.

With regards to refinishing @THE X-MAN could make them better than new, sort out any nose wobble for you and spray the arms/nose Matte Black or Carbon, I am sure.

Both Dudes have awesome skills.

Duh of course chrome iridium is the most chrome! Some how I missed those and was looking at black iridium and titanium iridium.

Duh of course chrome iridium is the most chrome! Some how I missed those and was looking at black iridium and titanium iridium.

Ha!

Easy mistake to make brother!

All of the lenses listed above have a degree of Chrome in them but not as Chromey as Chrome Iridium! Lol

I am quite liking your vision for these Juliets, let us know if you decide to go ahead with it.

Custom Juliets done well can be awesome, got a couple lined up myself over the next few months.

I'm interested to see how no contrast would look. Polished frame and chrome lenses. It would allow me to leave the frames original which I like the idea of. Just worried I may not be able to pull them off while wearing!

Double Chrome is a bold move, dude! Blingtastic!

I have found a couple of images of what could be done, disclaimer, not my images, hope @THE X-MAN doesn't mind me posting them.....

IMG_8224.JPG
IMG_8225.JPG

Lol ya I went from trying to tone down the polished to embracing the bling. That pic does look great tho! If you refinish a frame can it ever be brought back to stock?

Back