• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First XX TiO2

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Excited to finally have an XX TiO2 BI to add to my growing XX Xmetal daily wear collection. It's a 2nd gen TiO2 with the A at the end of the serial number. Complete set, matching.

Thought I'd end up with a Juliet TiO2 before an XX, but the Juliet version seems to be getting rarer every month and more highly prized/priced. When I looked at the seller's pictures, I was a bit concerned that there was plasma discoloration but did the deal anyway.

To my pleasant surprise, the plasma is almost golden! Is this discoloration? It's completely even throughout the plasma and looks great. Anyone have a similar experience?
IMGA0677.jpg
IMGA0680.jpg IMGA0674.jpg IMGA0684y.jpg

Last edited:
nice! yep, discoloration is definitely case by case. I had a mint XX plasma that looked awesome but when you folded the arms you could see that one is yellower than the other. I am unsure of what causes that because the unit I had was close to perfect in every other way.

Why are Juliet Ti02's more expensive? I always thought XX were more sought after except for the 24k and Ichiros.

Why are Juliet Ti02's more expensive? I always thought XX were more sought after except for the 24k and Ichiros.
I think XX TiO2 may actually be rarer (less produced? shorter run?) than the Juliet version, but every time I see the Juliet it's invariably without box and prices in the last few months have shot up.

XX TiO2 aren't cheap but the price has remained fairly constant in recent months and full sets more common. Just my impression.

Yeah like Carrera said the Juliet TiO2s have gone into hiding. Collectors holding on to them perhaps. Don't think I've seen one here in the last year for sale either...

I love the colour contrast in the Juliet version with the VR28. I have an IH cut XX G30 which I might try putting in tomorrow.

Got a special tio2 Juliet matched box with Hans sigs from red event. The Juliet tio2 is a lot harder to find for sure.