• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First XX TiO2

Would people get the plasma parts refinished or keep with the golden sheen. My feeling is keep but what about others?

It is like that with some Oakley xmetal, they go in to hiding for a while someone sells one for fat money, Then slowly they come out of the woodworks. Look at penny copper right now seen more then few sell or listed here and eBay in past 2 months , then ever before , but penny xmetal finish and ti some what aren't hardly anywhere to be found except the bay at huge prices..last year you couldn't step anywhere without seeing 24kt x xx one of the most produced x xx out there.

Would people get the plasma parts refinished or keep with the golden sheen. My feeling is keep but what about others?
Definitely keep. Yes, it has changed colour but it's uniform and it looks good. If it had the black blotches then I might consider refinishing, but not as it is.

So when I posted yesterday I had only looked at the pair in indoor lighting. Outside, in sunshine, I realise it's a bit more patchy than I thought.

Is there a way of reconditioning easily. Perhaps steel wool 0000? Has anyone done that? Does it bring back the silvery plasma or become more like polished?