• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FITNESS THREAD Post Your Workout Regimes

Great thread! I just started to get back into shape for my new years resolution. I have no idea what I'm doing honestly, so you guys can probably give me some pointers. Anyways, I typically go every day after work for 1.5-2 hours. I usually start with a mile jog, and then another mile at uh...not quite a steady pace. Just plain running. I don't think I'm sprinting, but I'm not jogging...just running.

Hit either the stairmaster or the spin cycle for 15-20 mins, and then jump to the weights, which is where I have no experience what so ever in. Just as a reference, I'm 5'7" and 140 lbs. Pretty skinny. Trying to build some upper body and arm muscle. I basically go on each machine and do 12 x 3 on lower weights just to build my strength up. I think I stick to 50-65 on most machines..Anyways, hoping to get a trainer (I got 2 free trainer sessions for doing some survey!!) to help me actually get a good program going, and to make sure my form is correct on the free weights. The machines have pictures :smile:.

Anyways, that is my rather amateur workout.

Nothing wrong with that! Im fortunate to be looked at by varsity wrestling coaches so my high school I'm going to next year is letting me start my training in the spring and then i have football...thats hell haha. But i know 85% of people don't stick to resolutions or don't even do 'em! So I'm glad you're getting out there and working out! It takes time and progress..i could go run for miles and pass up everyone at my school but most of them can lift more than me so there is no shame when working out..there will always be someone better than you. Not in a mean way to say that thats just how I've learned when working out with kids my age. They all have more upper body strength. Anyways, glad you're keeping your cardio up!

Great thread! I just started to get back into shape for my new years resolution. I have no idea what I'm doing honestly, so you guys can probably give me some pointers. Anyways, I typically go every day after work for 1.5-2 hours. I usually start with a mile jog, and then another mile at uh...not quite a steady pace. Just plain running. I don't think I'm sprinting, but I'm not jogging...just running.

Hit either the stairmaster or the spin cycle for 15-20 mins, and then jump to the weights, which is where I have no experience what so ever in. Just as a reference, I'm 5'7" and 140 lbs. Pretty skinny. Trying to build some upper body and arm muscle. I basically go on each machine and do 12 x 3 on lower weights just to build my strength up. I think I stick to 50-65 on most machines..Anyways, hoping to get a trainer (I got 2 free trainer sessions for doing some survey!!) to help me actually get a good program going, and to make sure my form is correct on the free weights. The machines have pictures :smile:.

Anyways, that is my rather amateur workout.

Try doing less reps, say about 5 with the heaviest weight you can handle and use explosive movement throughout the extension and lower them back down at a nice slow pace, this will get you putting on muslce nice and rapidly! Also drink some full cream chocolate milk after the workout to help with recovery, plus it tastes really good and is a reward lol

in the summer i run 8 - 10 miles a day. track starts in a month for me and we do some pretty intense stuff. I'd be runnin 8 - 10 everyday now but i got injured :(.... life of a distance runner.

Just usually run or cycle each day for however long I feel, I try to let my body tell me when its time to stop! You cant always go by a set plan, I do weights at work. I do most of my long rides on weekends, training to do the Leadville Trail 100 MTB race again next year! Maybe do a marathon this year if I feel like it and in a year or two ill to an Ironman but I hate to swim so we will see!

Wow that's awesome. My gf is training for a Marathon. She's been doing triathlon's and wants to try and tackle a bigger challenge. That's really cool! I can't run a Marathon...haha

If she does an Ironman Tri She can Swim 2.4 miles, Road bikes112 miles, and then Run 26.2 miles!!

in the summer i run 8 - 10 miles a day. track starts in a month for me and we do some pretty intense stuff. I'd be runnin 8 - 10 everyday now but i got injured :(.... life of a distance runner.

Tell me about it..i tried to do a double half marathon (two in two days) i did it then injured my knees and it took me out from June-October :/ Hope you recover soon OakMan!

Just usually run or cycle each day for however long I feel, I try to let my body tell me when its time to stop! You cant always go by a set plan, I do weights at work. I do most of my long rides on weekends, training to do the Leadville Trail 100 MTB race again next year! Maybe do a marathon this year if I feel like it and in a year or two ill to an Ironman but I hate to swim so we will see!

Do the marathon! Ironman I'm too young for but would love to start getting into triathlons..i just have limited amount of time (4 months) before Football and Wrestling camps and practice start in the summer! The weight training camps actually start at the end of this month but not as much of a commitment. Good luck if you chose to do a marathon! Texas has a great marathon every New Years day :cool:

Wow that's awesome. My gf is training for a Marathon. She's been doing triathlon's and wants to try and tackle a bigger challenge. That's really cool! I can't run a Marathon...haha

Running my first marathon was the biggest accomplishment in my life and now career! She will want to run more if she likes the racing atmosphere haha. The chicago Marathon is one of the top 5 best marathons!

Latest Posts

Back