• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Five Squared replacement lenses - Asian fit vs Regular lenses?

Mossyoakglock

Oakley Beginner
I have the Fives Squared and want to get some extra lenses for other activities (fishing, shooting, etc). I was looking on both the Oakley site and Oakley Vault site and the descriptions for both the Fives Squared and Fives Squared (Asian fit) replacement lenses says "Lenses fit Fives Squared and Fives 3.0 (Asian Fit) frames."

So does that mean that the Asian fit lenses on Oakley Vault's site will fit the regular Fives Squared frames? If so that would be great because I can get Polarized lenses for $30 vs $90.

I thought I remember reading that the only difference between the regular frames and Asian fit frames is the nose piece being a little more narrow.

Even though they may fit, there is a disclaimer in the description, Important Note: Replacement lenses may not be returned if they have been mounted or scratched. Asian Fit lenses cannot be installed in standard-size eyewear frames. Oakley doesn't put that disclaimer there for nothing. The lenses may be a different base curve. Just because you can get in there, doesn't mean it works. Your probably screwing with the optics, Just my 2 cents.

I have seen them in person. They are not like the gascan where they are 2 completely different frames with different base curves.

The fives squared and Asian fit versions are basically identical except for there being more plastic/narrower nose bridge on the AF version.

Can this five squared are the same as Asians lenses be confirmed by anyone else? Not that I don't trust Lumbergh. But...

Latest Posts

Back