• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fives 3.0 Question

Zax

Chicago
After a year of searching for a silly little frame, I finally found an Asian Fit version of the Fives 3.0. The regular ones just barely touch my cheeks, and it annoys the heck out of me. The Asian Fit ones sit perfectly, and according to my significant other, are by far the best looking frame on my face. I lost my original pair 2 years back which had Titanium lenses already installed.

However, my question is...does anyone know if the standard lens fits the Asian Fit version? I asked Oakley the first time around, and they told me that the standard lens would not fit, but when I took them into the store, they told me (after I bought Asian Fit versions through the phone) that they work perfectly fine, but wouldn't actually pop a pair in for me. Does anyone know the answer to this silly question?

Wish I could help out more. I have a bunch of Fives 3.0/Squared, but no Asian versions. I've never seen replacement lenses for the Asian version for sale anywhere, so I would assume that the standard ones would fit (unless you're just SOL if you mess up the lenses in your Asian frames).

I can't believe that they wouldn't try fitting the lenses for you at the O Store. You should take the Asian frames in and just tell them you need replacement lenses, without telling them it's an Asian frame, and let them try to fit them.

As a rule of thumb, the only difference between an asian fit pair of glasses and a regular pair is the frame dimensions, so if you needed replacements, just order the regular fives 3.0 lens.

I believe the nose bridge is just slightly smaller and the actual mold is much thicker. It wasn't perfect, but I was looking at the Fives 4.0's, which fit me perfectly, and the Asian Fit 3.0's are just a tad larger by the nose/narrower. I have no idea if the wrap is affected though, which would probably be the true factor whether or not the lenses would fit, right?

I would also just run over to the Vault and have them pop it in, but it's about 45 minutes away...and I'm a little lazy :p

:)

Sorry to revive this thread from the grave...but I just noticed that oakleyvault.com has Fives Squared/3.0 Asian Fit lenses on clearance. I wonder why I've never seen these on the O web site or in stores before. Now we've just got to figure out if these things will work on a standard Fives frame.

I have just gained some interest in these Fives 3.0 (Squared) Asian Fit. If anyone has a pair of these and a pair of X Metal XX and/or Juliet, can you check to see if the Fives lens could be a donor to be cut to fit those lenses? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have just gained some interest in these Fives 3.0 (Squared) Asian Fit. If anyone has a pair of these and a pair of X Metal XX and/or Juliet, can you check to see if the Fives lens could be a donor to be cut to fit those lenses? Any help would be much appreciated.

Can anyone help me out?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am curious to know if the Asian fit lenses fit the standard Fives Squared. Thank you.

Seen this thread around...Asian fit lenses DO NOT fit the standard Fives Squared frame. Which is sad, because the vault has some smokin' deals on replacement Asian fit lenses.

Back