• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FIves Squared Question?

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
Are Fives Squared and (4+1) 2 one in the same? A friend of my wife's is looking for a new pair of lenses for hers.....and I'm not sure if they are same or different.

Yes they are the same. The vault has some lenses right now for the Asian fit that will work with the regular five squared. I bought three sets for my pair.

Yes they are the same. The vault has some lenses right now for the Asian fit that will work with the regular five squared. I bought three sets for my pair.

FYI-When Oakley states Asian Fit in the description that usually means the lenses are different from standard lenses (I believe the base curve is different and not so much the shape). The Gascan is another good example of that, there are both Asian Fit and Standard lenses, this is because the frames are slightly different.

I just bought a set of the polarized lenses for my five squared from the vault that were advertised as Asian fit, and they fit my frame just fine.

You might want to stick with the Polarized lenses. I did notice that the fire iridium lenses I bought were a little loose in the frame. The Polarized pair were perfect though.

Are Fives Squared and (4+1) 2 one in the same? A friend of my wife's is looking for a new pair of lenses for hers.....and I'm not sure if they are same or different.

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally. ;-)