• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fives Squared - with slight mod

scouser_75

Oakley Beginner
After much indecision, I finally bought my Fives Squared to replace my slightly broken Minutes of well over 10 years.

71B82E1D-73E4-46FA-997F-604D0A06935F.png

They're in matte black as really didn't like the blinging black.

6B777479-7B9A-4D95-B07E-F47B5E3FD54A.jpeg

I was so used to my Minutes that I just wasn't sure these looked good on me. There was just too much black and lack of colour. So I did this....

4B6F8CC4-5663-44B2-B49A-A9E4873A870D.jpeg
4B6F8CC4-5663-44B2-B49A-A9E4873A870D.jpeg
498B3A68-9405-451D-8DB1-B4DACA922C55.jpeg
0CAF8744-9320-4A62-8E6F-0A4D009974C8.jpeg

Revant blues. Now they look much better. And my eldest, who hated them in the all black, and much preferred the Minutes, now hates the Minutes and loves the Squared.

I can't believe just how light they are. And just how much light they block out. I thought my Minutes were good, but these Revants and the frame are something else.

The only down side with the Squared is, because of the way they sit on the nose, if you look far left or right, you get a bit of light in the middle of your vision. But it's just a matter of getting used to it. And downside with the Revant lenses is - and forgive my explanation here - on parts of the lenses you get some sort of glare or something. Nothing major, but it is just a little annoying, especially when driving.

But having said all this, both the style and look are to my liking :cool-20:

No. I'm going to keep these standard. Love the matte look. But thinking about buying a second hand pair to modify myself.

I was out and about yesterday and a guy on the train loved them and asked what they were. He was going to order a pair himself.

Boy and Girls, guess what??? I went and lost the glasses 😭 So now in need of another pair.

So what do I do? Buy the same pair again? Or go for something different? If so, are there any new Oakleys that are similar in look, and style and size to Fives Squared?

Also, what's the best lens to go for? Prism Polarised or Iridium? The Revant Blue lens' looks great but you just cannot see anything thats on a screen - mobiles, car stereo etc. Terrible!

Boy and Girls, guess what??? I went and lost the glasses 😭 So now in need of another pair.

So what do I do? Buy the same pair again? Or go for something different? If so, are there any new Oakleys that are similar in look, and style and size to Fives Squared?

Also, what's the best lens to go for? Prism Polarised or Iridium? The Revant Blue lens' looks great but you just cannot see anything thats on a screen - mobiles, car stereo etc. Terrible!
If the polarization bothers you that much then just settle for regular iridium lens. I personally just use regular iridium because polarized lenses cancels the heads up display in my car

Thanks for the reply mate. I wouldn't say it bothers me that much. But can be a pain when driving and changing the temperature setting or stereo. But other than that I love them.

And any suggestions for a pair to replace the lost ones?

Thanks for the reply mate. I wouldn't say it bothers me that much. But can be a pain when driving and changing the temperature setting or stereo. But other than that I love them.

And any suggestions for a pair to replace the lost ones?
when it comes to newer models i don't know squat 😂 couldn't help you there sorry

Latest Posts

Back