• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fives Vs Fives Squared

firestarter03

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

I really want to get a pair of Fives as I have never bought a pair of decent sunglasses before and I think these look awesome. However, I am having trouble deciding between the Fives and Fives Squared. I think I am leaning towards the normal Fives as they have iridium lenses.

0-fives,sq.Pblk-grey.jpg

Oakley Fives Squared Sunglasses - Polished Black / Grey
Or

0-fives09-PBlk-Blk,irid.jpg

Oakley Fives 4.0 Sunglasses - Polished Black / Black Iridium

Only £5 difference in price, help!

I don't know If I would say they are women's sunnies, but I would definitely say they are smaller than you might think. I got a pair of Fives Squared, and they are rather small.

Yeah, I don't think I would class them as women's/kids sunglasses either... I honestly can't see much difference between them apart from the handles. Is the iridium in the Fives lenses likely to be of any noticable benefit?

I originally wanted a pair of Fours after watching Blade II but they are discontinued so this is the closest I can get! I prefer the smaller sunglasses anyway as I find others too big and chunky!

I own a pair of Fives Squared - Crystal Black with Black Iridium Polarized lenses. You can swap out the lenses pretty easily.

I wouldn't say they're women's, even though almost all of their frames are unisex. Their design is rather simple compared to their other frames, but they're a nice everyday pair.

iridium lenses are available in both frames. so try not to let that be your deciding factor. i personally like the fives squared better.

I gotta throw in with Five 4.0's- feel sturdier and remind me of old Fives 2 and Twentys...wish they'd made more lenses for these

I have the five squares with fire iridium lenses, got them from the vault shop in Orlando. I wear them regular. The look of the lens is fantastic. I also have some original FOUR's in black with black lenses if your interested in seeing any pictures. I no longer wear these & so would be willing to sell them. Considering their age they are in good condition however there appears to be a couple of small scartches on the lenses but this does not affect the vision. There is no Oakley box for them or bag however i can sent them in an original OAKLEY bag as i have plenty of pairs of glasses. Let me know if you want any pictures & i'll take some & send them to you.

I am based in the UK.

Oakley_Sight said:
I also have some original FOUR's in black with black lenses if your interested in seeing any pictures. I no longer wear these & so would be willing to sell them. Considering their age they are in good condition however there appears to be a couple of small scartches on the lenses but this does not affect the vision. There is no Oakley box for them or bag however i can sent them in an original OAKLEY bag as i have plenty of pairs of glasses. Let me know if you want any pictures & i'll take some & send them to you.

I am based in the UK.

Hi, yes I might be interested in them depending on the price. If you can sort some pics out that would be great, thanks.

It seems the squared are more popular here then... I have noticed they are popular on the Oakley best sellers on the website too so might just go for them. Since this will be my first pair of Oakleys, can anyone recommend any other frames I should also consider?

Thanks

Latest Posts

Back