• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fixing a broken M-Frame

ZubiZone

Oakley Beginner
My M-Frame snapped in half by taking them off my head. The break is at the point on the frame above the wearers right eye.

The break is 80% clean, only a slight smudge at the end.

I was wondering if anyone had experience in repairing this. I have been considering glue. Thanks for your time.

I'd say they were already cracked.. that O matter is tuff stuff so they must've taken a fair blow.

Repairable for sure. I'd just use a bit of cyano (super glue)

I haven't had too good experiences with cyanoacrylate on O-matter (it cracks up after a bit of use), but epoxy has worked ok. It doesn't look as good though (more visible glue) My experience is with the pre 2000 O-matter that was more brittle so newer O-matter might behave differently.

I also have not had good luck with Cyano (on a 1st gen Fives frame). Also tried Loctite plastic bonder, neither would hold. I haven't had a chance to try JB Weld but read somewhere it works well especially if you can reinforce it will a small piece of metal.

The only issue is like @NoFair mentioned it's more visible than glue unless you use extremely sparingly.

If you aren't concerned about asthetics. This was my next try

Latest Posts

Back