• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 Asian Fit - Definitive Identification?

VPALLARi

Oakley Beginner
So basically I would like to know if there is a definitive way to identify whether or not my Flax 2.0s are asian fit. I have seen some discussions around this, but nothing definitive including the "J" at the end of the model number. The model number on the frame of my shades doe NOT have a J, yet if you google the model number most of the hits come back as Asian Fit. I bought these in the spare of the moment for my son to play baseball in. They fit ok once I swapped out the large nose piece for the small ones, but they arent perfect. Im a bit peeved that the store didn't provide a "Hey, these are asian fit" sign next to what I was buying. At the time I had no clue there was such a thing and for 200 bucks Im thinking they should have been labeled as such. Here is what I have OO9271-3161 (They also say 61 O 12 133) they are black with the 24k Irdium lenses.

edit: also, can you replace asian fit stems with regular stems?

Where’d you get them? Do you have the box? That sku on o-review comes back to something else

The OO9271 appears to be correct. But those last numbers don't match to anything. Yours should look similar to this. We are looking for the numbers that appears after OO9271. This one is 09. But some I believe have 4 digits. Or if you can just take a picture like this.

00r0r_e22g4iVudd6z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00y0y_a3Gzt50WlJwz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Ill try and post a picture later, but mine look IDENTICAL to the picture of the frame above with the exception of the numbers (obviously). Instead of OO9271-09 mine is OO9271-3161 and the last 1 is a tiny bit cut off by the gap where the stem locks to the frame. I do not have the box anymore as they were bought during christmas and got thrown out with million other boxes. I did buy these a very reputable store in my area so Im confident they are legit.

Where’d you get them? Do you have the box? That sku on o-review comes back to something else
Sorry..not box. When you google the sku, it comes back with the exact glass that I have which are pictured below. I know they say AF for asian fit in the picture, but wonder if there is anything distinguishable on the frame/printed model number that would confirm asian fit

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 5.28.52 PM.png

The OO9271 appears to be correct. But those last numbers don't match to anything. Yours should look similar to this. We are looking for the numbers that appears after OO9271. This one is 09. But some I believe have 4 digits. Or if you can just take a picture like this.

View attachment 842589View attachment 842590
Ill try and post a picture later, but mine look IDENTICAL to the picture of the frame above with the exception of the numbers (obviously). Instead of OO9271-09 mine is OO9271-3161 and the last 1 is a tiny bit cut off by the gap where the stem locks to the frame. I do not have the box anymore as they were bought during christmas and got thrown out with million other boxes. I did buy these a very reputable store in my area so Im confident they are legit.

The number doesn't appear in the O-Review. But that doesn't mean that yours doesn't exist, or isn't Oakley. I google it and a bunch of oriental ads pop up, along with the english ads. And they all point to the picture you posted. And they all say "asian Fit", to answer that part of your question. So I believe you that your Flak 2.0 is more than likely legit.
Supposedly, the asian fit part of the glasses is mainly bigger nose pads. So glasses sit up higher on the nose. Changing the nose pads to something smaller should make more difference than changing ear stems. Any Flak experts in the house?

The number doesn't appear in the O-Review. But that doesn't mean that yours doesn't exist, or isn't Oakley. I google it and a bunch of oriental ads pop up, along with the english ads. And they all point to the picture you posted. And they all say "asian Fit", to answer that part of your question. So I believe you that your Flak 2.0 is more than likely legit.
Supposedly, the asian fit part of the glasses is mainly bigger nose pads. So glasses sit up higher on the nose. Changing the nose pads to something smaller should make more difference than changing ear stems. Any Flak experts in the house?
Yup, I did exactly that prior to posting and it did make a big difference. If I can get normal flak 2.0 stems I think that would also help

Yup, I did exactly that prior to posting and it did make a big difference. If I can get normal flak 2.0 stems I think that would also help
I wouldn't know if one ear stem is longer than the other, and I don't own either. Sorry. Flak experts/owners haven't chimed in yet. Just keep posting, because if you're looking into purchasing ear stems here, there are minimum requirements that you have to meet in order to access the exchange threads. You'll need a minimum 15 posts, and been a member more than 14 days. People will tell you that you can purchase a membership and bypass the two week waiting period and post count requirement. Or you could always post your intentions and ask to talk elsewhere. Like Facebook. Whatever. Not sure if I'm breaking any rules saying that.:behindsofa:

Latest Posts

Back