• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 - lens thickness

so i guess half rim glasses are the only way to go, it's impossible to get RX in full rim oakleys?
Not impossible (and probably easier for them to ensure it is secure), just maybe not feasible to change out the lens yourself after the fact if the model is known for user serviceable lens swapping.

guess it depends of the curve of the lenses.

most people that wear glasses have the flat style, and not the wrap design, and there must be a reason for that. like chris said: the more wrap, the thicker the lens have to be :(
It’s not too bad really. It’s pretty cool the way they do the bevel. You just pop em in like normal lenses. I don’t like to switch the frames too much tho. I’ve had these lenses in this frame for several years. These lenses also have backside AR. Really nice, I love them. I keep telling @Chris A Hardaway I’m gonna get some him to make me some new Rx sunglass lenses, but these are still working great for me and I wear contacts 95% of the time.

0F7895AA-B6E9-4CD9-BDBF-C00855E1A628.jpeg

2967B14A-14CA-4E5F-8070-97B30A35C581.jpeg

B8A41860-E3BC-401E-A198-5712054D7C5B.jpeg

How do RX work in single lens frames?

Wonder if it's possible to get RX in the M2 frame, because i think i need it now!
Optometrist say i have astigmatism 😐

You can Rx M2 and Jawbreaker. But only a small portion of the lens will hold your RX on those models.
Thanks Chris, hope i can get it here, i am afterall over in Europe. 😐 Maybe it's only in the US this is possible to order by the optometrist stores.

say, how do they RX only a part of the lens?

and these must be very expensive, right?

Thanks Chris, hope i can get it here, i am afterall over in Europe. 😐 Maybe it's only in the US this is possible to order by the optometrist stores.

say, how do they RX only a part of the lens?

and these must be very expensive, right?
Only Oakley dealers can order it. Please call an Oakley dealer in your area to find out. Hopefully lenses aren't cheap because they're the best Rx lenses as far as coatings and polycarbonate quality.

Only Oakley dealers can order it. Please call an Oakley dealer in your area to find out. Hopefully lenses aren't cheap because they're the best Rx lenses as far as coatings and polycarbonate quality.
yes, i will soon visit a dealer that sells glasses and Oakley sunglasses, i will ask what they can do for me and what models they can order.

guess it depends of the curve of the lenses.

most people that wear glasses have the flat style, and not the wrap design, and there must be a reason for that. like chris said: the more wrap, the thicker the lens have to be :(
Trust me after you wear them you won’t even notice the thickness at all. Keep researching and looking. Remember the US aren’t the only ones making Oakley Rx. If you expand your search you will discover what some can’t and don’t offer others can and will.

Trust me after you wear them you won’t even notice the thickness at all. Keep researching and looking. Remember the US aren’t the only ones making Oakley Rx. If you expand your search you will discover what some can’t and don’t offer others can and will.
I am in Europe, so if i want Oakley Rx i guess they will be made in Italy.

Can they make good lenses if you have astigmatism ?

Looking to get the Flak 2.0 XL photochromatic, i don't know if that lens is available in Rx

Latest Posts

Back