• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 photochromic for night riding

E10Mtn

Oakley Beginner
I like to ride my Motorcycle at night and so far I’m really happy with my Flak 2.0 polarized but I’m looking at the Clear Photochromic lenses . My concern would be a vehicle coming , maybe bright beams on and most have LED that the lenses will automatically darken under oncoming headlights or street lights , coming into towns that are well lit . I’m not sure exactly how they work

I can see them being good for dusk or dawn riding . Any input appreciated before purchasing . Thank you

Photochromic lenses only darken by ultraviolet light, not visible light, so LEDs and headlights will not make the lens dark. However it's worth noting that clear to black photochromic lenses are not totally clear, they have a very slight tint. I use prizm low light for night mountain biking and I love them

Photochromic lenses only darken by ultraviolet light, not visible light, so LEDs and headlights will not make the lens dark. However it's worth noting that clear to black photochromic lenses are not totally clear, they have a very slight tint. I use prizm low light for night mountain biking and I love them
I was looking at the Low light prism on the Oakley site and I wondered about the Pinkish tint on them .

I have yet to find a pair of Clear glasses for night rides that don’t make me feel like I’m looking through a greasy window and living in the smoky mountains of East Tennessee blurry night vision is the last thing I need on our curvy roads .

Latest Posts

Back