• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 Poor Fit?

Jf2oo6

Oakley Beginner
Hello All,

I recently purchased the Flak 2.0 with BIP. I really like the way the glasses look, and the capability to change lenses with so many options available rom Oakley.

However, I wore them outdoors for a few hours in a very bright cloudless day. What I found is that the lenses don't meet my face on the top and bottom, and this leads to a lot of sun "leaking" into the glasses. When the sun was at a high point in the day I could see the sun coming in from above the frame. Then later on the gap between my cheeks made it look like half the lens was tinted, and half was full bright. It became very distracting.

I am wondering if the problem is just the way these glasses fit my face, or if anyone else has the same issues with the Flak 2.0? I really want to keep these glasses, but unfortunately they may have to be exchanged for a full frame.

I think it's a more of a 'your face' problem than a 'frame' problem

Not all frames fit faces and not all faces fit frames!

I figured this was probably the issue. But I couldn't find any other cases online of someone else with the issue.

I was just wondering if this is how these glasses fit and I just need time to get used to it, or if my situation is abnormal and these aren't right for me.

I tried the glasses with the nose pads removed, and I think the fit is almost right. My old pair didn't have nose pads so it doesn't feel too strange for me. I am going to try like this for a few days.

Initially I thought that the 2 sets of nose pads that came with the set were different sizes, one big and one small. But after looking at them closer they appear to be exactly the same.

Can someone please confirm if the 2 sets of included nose pads are indeed different sizes, or the same size?

Thank you.

I tried the glasses with the nose pads removed, and I think the fit is almost right. My old pair didn't have nose pads so it doesn't feel too strange for me. I am going to try like this for a few days.

Initially I thought that the 2 sets of nose pads that came with the set were different sizes, one big and one small. But after looking at them closer they appear to be exactly the same.

Can someone please confirm if the 2 sets of included nose pads are indeed different sizes, or the same size?

Thank you.
They should be different ... A 'small' and a 'large' ... Maybe your rubber kit was tampered with beforehand and you got two same sets?

They're two different sizes. Usually the smaller pair are installed from the factory, unless they're the Asian Fit version, then the larger pair is installed.

Thanks for the clarification. So I guess my next question is, how discernible are the two different sizes? They appear to be very similar to me. The only difference that I can maybe make out is the way they lay on the table. One set kind of appears to lay at a different angle.

Maybe the pictures below will help a little.

IMG_4841_zpstdjzay7k.jpg

IMG_4840_zpswdrrlytf.jpg

IMG_4839_zpsseywxpco.jpg

IMG_4838_zpsr2ffihwo.jpg

I never wear my Flak 2.0 for the same reasons.

I learned the lesson that I should always visit an Oakley store and try it on before ordering.

For example I wanted an aviator type frame. Crosshair, Tincan, etc. were way too tight. Plaintiff Squared was not my first choice but the straight arms were specifically designed for my skull shape. Its now one of my best used frames.

Some Oakleys let in more light than others. My Batwolfs are really good for blocking out all sunlight.

Thanks for the clarification. So I guess my next question is, how discernible are the two different sizes? They appear to be very similar to me. The only difference that I can maybe make out is the way they lay on the table. One set kind of appears to lay at a different angle.

Maybe the pictures below will help a little.

View attachment 278706

View attachment 278707

View attachment 278708

View attachment 278709
the two sets of nose pieces are for different size nose bridges. the smaller ones are non asia fit and fit most peoples noses, the bigger ones are for people who want it higher on the bridge of their nose or for a asia fit which is convenient for people with a smaller nose bridge.

Latest Posts

Back