• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 standard vs XL

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
Is there any difference in the lens height between flak 2.0 standard and XL lens other than lens shape (standard is rounded )..i saw in Oakley website that both standard and XL lens height is 38 mm and all other measurements are also the same..standard lens has that more of a pitch look to it.

Didn't get much love first time posted

bumping this thread up

as I lost my Fast Jackets and these appear to be the next closest thing
Thanks

@Zax might know. Been eyeing some OO Red polar lenses, but they appear to only be available in the standard size so kinda wondering about this too.

@Zax might know. Been eyeing some OO Red polar lenses, but they appear to only be available in the standard size so kinda wondering about this too.
Thanks for the tag. I don't have both to test, but I assumed the XL were taller since they touched my cheeks and looked a bit ridiculous on my face. I've always stuck with the standard lens since they don't touch my cheeks and look normal on my face. I will say, my RX pair is definitely larger than the standard lens. That may be a medium between the two. I'm sure @Chris A Hardaway has an answer on this! I think most people with Flak 2.0's on here use XL lenses...I'm probably one of the minority.

As a side note, looking for just standard lenses for specific colors became near impossible since most stock came with the XL. I could not find a pair of DWP standard lenses with any frame, so I had to shell out $$ for a set through the store.

Standard
20180311_183714.jpg

XLJ
20180311_182922.jpg

Thanks for the tag. I don't have both to test, but I assumed the XL were taller since they touched my cheeks and looked a bit ridiculous on my face. I've always stuck with the standard lens since they don't touch my cheeks and look normal on my face. I will say, my RX pair is definitely larger than the standard lens. That may be a medium between the two. I'm sure @Chris A Hardaway has an answer on this! I think most people with Flak 2.0's on here use XL lenses...I'm probably one of the minority.

As a side note, looking for just standard lenses for specific colors became near impossible since most stock came with the XL. I could not find a pair of DWP standard lenses with any frame, so I had to shell out $$ for a set through the store.

The XL'S are taller than the standard not sure of the measurements tho

In Peace Prepare For War

Thanks for the info fellas! Funny you should mention that @Zax, my biggest complaint with XL has always been that they touch my cheeks. Maybe I should give the standard fit a try.

Back