• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 XL - Earsock Removal/Replacement

Jay-Da

I should Work at Oakley
PA
Anyone have a good method for removing and replacing the earsocks on the new Flaks? Do you have to snap the arm off like the old ones? I was able to remove the earsocks on the old Flaks pretty quickly with some soap and water but these look a little tougher...

In my experience they're easier to remove. In fact I didn't need any soap when I swapped mine. They just slid off and the new ones slid on. I think it's because of the thinner stems.

these are cake to replace. I have black, redline and electric blue I change on mine and never have a problem with either water and soap or just plain water. you don't need a lot, just a little to get it a little slippery.

The only problem I had on mine was getting the oval type thing back in the hole after reinstalling. You have to get the edges in just right.

It was suggested to me that I use hand sanitizer > soap & water / water because the alcohol will dry out, whereas soap & water / water can stay in there and promote the growth of mold.

Latest Posts

Back