• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak 2.0 XL vs Crosshair vs Gauge 8

rahul118bbsr

Oakley Beginner
Hi All, I am a newbie to Oakley community and I am planning to get my first Oakley sunglass by next week.

I am totally confused between Flak 2.0 XL, CrossHair and Gauge 8. The thing that I like about the latter two is the metallic frame that they have and Flak 2.0 XL feels more "plastic" to me. I have a medium face and I like the way these three fits on my face.

What do you suggest ?

Flak 2.0 is more of a sport frame. They are extremely comfortable. Made of O Matter, or plastic, that is extremely durable. Lenses can easily be found and swapped. They have a lot of rubber on them, so they will stay in place even on sweaty days.

Crosshairs are very light and provide a more day to day look. They provide great coverage and, since they have rubber on the stems, stay in place fairly well. Lenses are not quite as easily found and not as easy to swap.

I love both of these frames.

G8 is made in two sizes, so be sure you are looking at the right model. To me, they are a more generic version of a Crosshair, but that is personal preference.

I have some custom Flak 2.0 XL's I use for running, they are very comfortable and most of the time I forget I'm wearing them

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
Back