• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Draft Asia fit lenses NOT interchangeable with regular Flak Draft.

DKO

Oakley Enthusiast
626, SGV, CA
Hi All,

For my fellow Asia Fit wearers, I just bought a pair of Flak Draft Asia Fit from the Oakley Vault at Ontario Mills, CA. The staff was very cool and let me compare the Asia Fit and regular Flak Draft lenses, and they are NOT interchangeable. The Asia Fit lenses are longer where it fits into the frame. Meaning Asia fit lenses won't fit into a regular Flak Draft, and regular lenses are loose in a Flak Draft Asia Fit.

This sucks because it limits Asia Fit frame owners to only Asia Fit lenses.

Oh and to quickly talk about the frame. I like them, they are like an updated Flak Jacket XLJ 1.0 but with a trigger switch to switch lens like the old Fast Jackets. They are more solidly built than the Flak 1.0's which seem to be prone to cracking as the plastic frames age and keep getting flexed from lens swaps. The arms don't come off at all and have a pin in the hinge, so no weak plastic nubs to crack off like in the Flak 1.0 and 2.0.
So for Asia fit, the frame is a little flatter base curve, and the larger Asia Fit Flak nose pieces, and the wider Asia Fit specific lenses. This is not a fake Asia fit with only bigger nose pads. Its a true Asia Fit with different size frame and lenses.
Good for big faces and Asian faces who are looking for non-shield sports frames. I think they are a better upgrade from Flak 1.0 versus the Flak 2.0 which I am not a fan of. i hope Oakley keeps them around and makes more replaceable lenses. If they do, these will replace my Flak 1.0 XLJ and and lens collection.

Hi All,

For my fellow Asia Fit wearers, I just bought a pair of Flak Draft Asia Fit from the Oakley Vault at Ontario Mills, CA. The staff was very cool and let me compare the Asia Fit and regular Flak Draft lenses, and they are NOT interchangeable. The Asia Fit lenses are longer where it fits into the frame. Meaning Asia fit lenses won't fit into a regular Flak Draft, and regular lenses are loose in a Flak Draft Asia Fit.

This sucks because it limits Asia Fit frame owners to only Asia Fit lenses.

Oh and to quickly talk about the frame. I like them, they are like an updated Flak Jacket XLJ 1.0 but with a trigger switch to switch lens like the old Fast Jackets. They are more solidly built than the Flak 1.0's which seem to be prone to cracking as the plastic frames age and keep getting flexed from lens swaps. The arms don't come off at all and have a pin in the hinge, so no weak plastic nubs to crack off like in the Flak 1.0 and 2.0.
So for Asia fit, the frame is a little flatter base curve, and the larger Asia Fit Flak nose pieces, and the wider Asia Fit specific lenses. This is not a fake Asia fit with only bigger nose pads. Its a true Asia Fit with different size frame and lenses.
Good for big faces and Asian faces who are looking for non-shield sports frames. I think they are a better upgrade from Flak 1.0 versus the Flak 2.0 which I am not a fan of. i hope Oakley keeps them around and makes more replaceable lenses. If they do, these will replace my Flak 1.0 XLJ and and lens collection.
That's strange news. Surprising that the lenses are different rather than just needing to swap nose bombs

That's strange news. Surprising that the lenses are different rather than just needing to swap nose bombs
Not that surprising Frank. It's been a mixed bag in recent years regarding this concept. The Flak 2.0 and the M2 are two others that I know for sure that have Asia Fit lenses that are not fully interchangeable with non-asia fit. That's why I started the thread to provide info for fellow Asia Fit forum members.

I didnt take them off but they look like the same legacy Flak Jacket nosepads, with the larger ones installed and the only ones provided.

Hey DKO and others

I know this is an old thread...hopefully you might know the answer. Are the old Asia Fit Flak 1.0 XLJ lenses interchangeable with the Standard Fit Flak 1.0 XLJ lenses? I still use the old Flak 1.0 Asia fit frames w XLJ lenses. I was going to upgrade but the new frames don't really fit as well. And most of the newer prism lenses I want (golf, shallow water prism polarized) are available as replacement lenses, but in Standard Fit only.

Also - when the Flak 1.0 Asia fit frames first came out, they had these 'XL' nose pad installed. But when they ripped I ordered another pair, they weren't as large. I still have the old one somewhere...my friend who used to work at Oakley said they didn't make them that large anymore. Anyone know if they are still available anymore? I'll try to see if I can dig up the one I still had.

Cheers

Hey DKO and others

I know this is an old thread...hopefully you might know the answer. Are the old Asia Fit Flak 1.0 XLJ lenses interchangeable with the Standard Fit Flak 1.0 XLJ lenses? I still use the old Flak 1.0 Asia fit frames w XLJ lenses. I was going to upgrade but the new frames don't really fit as well. And most of the newer prism lenses I want (golf, shallow water prism polarized) are available as replacement lenses, but in Standard Fit only.

Also - when the Flak 1.0 Asia fit frames first came out, they had these 'XL' nose pad installed. But when they ripped I ordered another pair, they weren't as large. I still have the old one somewhere...my friend who used to work at Oakley said they didn't make them that large anymore. Anyone know if they are still available anymore? I'll try to see if I can dig up the one I still had.

Cheers
Yes, the flak 1.0 lenses fit into the flak 1.0 Asian fit frame (you could use either the standard or xlj lens in the Asian fit frame). i personally loved the asian fit flak 1.0, it fit just a bit looser so it was perfect on my face.

as for the nosebombs, I am pretty sure the big nose pads you still get with most pairs...but I could be wrong on that.

Hey, So this was answered by the previous posters. All Flak 1.0 lenses Asia fit and Regular are interchangeable in Asia Fit and Standard Fit frames. The main difference is Asia fit lenses are cut higher so they don't rest on the cheek.
And yes the difference in Asia fit frame is that the front is a little flatter and therefore a little wider on the temples.
As far as I know when you buy replacement Flak 1.0 nosepad kits they come with both sizes. I might be remembering wrong, but I feel there are two different Asia fit nose pads. I think one was more rectangular and one was more tear drop shaped. They were about the same size though and I haven't dug through my nosepad replacements to find both.

Yes, the flak 1.0 lenses fit into the flak 1.0 Asian fit frame (you could use either the standard or xlj lens in the Asian fit frame). i personally loved the asian fit flak 1.0, it fit just a bit looser so it was perfect on my face.

as for the nosebombs, I am pretty sure the big nose pads you still get with most pairs...but I could be wrong on that.
Thanks WildWires -
Hey, So this was answered by the previous posters. All Flak 1.0 lenses Asia fit and Regular are interchangeable in Asia Fit and Standard Fit frames. The main difference is Asia fit lenses are cut higher so they don't rest on the cheek.
And yes the difference in Asia fit frame is that the front is a little flatter and therefore a little wider on the temples.
As far as I know when you buy replacement Flak 1.0 nosepad kits they come with both sizes. I might be remembering wrong, but I feel there are two different Asia fit nose pads. I think one was more rectangular and one was more tear drop shaped. They were about the same size though and I haven't dug through my nosepad replacements to find both.
Thanks DKO - regarding the nose bombs, your memory is correct. I have the rectangular ones now, but originally, mine came with the teardrop shaped ones and they are indeed bigger. I wish I could find those again.

Back