• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Draft Asia fit lenses NOT interchangeable with regular Flak Draft.

This was mentioned to me as well last week when they had a Flak Draft on clearance (about 183, would be half off that if I got it with a new purchase), they had an Asian fit pair as well, but mentioned the Asian fit might feel nicer on the nose for some people, but if I plan on changing lenses, the standard would be what I'd want to go with.

Hey, So this was answered by the previous posters. All Flak 1.0 lenses Asia fit and Regular are interchangeable in Asia Fit and Standard Fit frames. The main difference is Asia fit lenses are cut higher so they don't rest on the cheek.
And yes the difference in Asia fit frame is that the front is a little flatter and therefore a little wider on the temples.
As far as I know when you buy replacement Flak 1.0 nosepad kits they come with both sizes. I might be remembering wrong, but I feel there are two different Asia fit nose pads. I think one was more rectangular and one was more tear drop shaped. They were about the same size though and I haven't dug through my nosepad replacements to find both.

Okay, I just went to the Oakley Employee store (an old friend worked there for years and hooked me up) and I picked up a bunch of Standard Flak Jacket (1.0) lenses. THEY ARE INDEED DIFFERENT FROM THE ASIA FIT FLAK 1.0 LENSES IN BOTH DEPTH AND FIT

The employee helping me told me he wasn't sure they'd fit so I brought my Asia Fit frames out and he popped the lenses in. Sure enough, they are *slightly* loose where they snap in next to the nose bridge. Not enough to really affect performance or fall out unless maybe you are doing something where you are seriously bouncing around. In addition to that, the XLJ lenses are deeper than the Asia Fit XLJ lenses. The Asia fit XLJ lenses I have don't touch my cheeks but the Standard XLJ lenses do.

Thankfully, he looked around and found a bunch of other spare lenses in both XLJ and regular size (Both Standard Fit). I don't like the look of the regular lens quite as much but they are more comfortable since they don't touch my face...and since they were closing them out, they were super cheap so I picked them up.

I'll post pictures when I get home. I know this is pretty irrelevant since they don't sell the Flak 1.0 frames anymore and aren't making the lenses either. But you never know who this might help, right?

Last edited:
Okay, I just went to the Oakley Employee store (an old friend worked there for years and hooked me up) and I picked up a bunch of Standard Flak Jacket (1.0) lenses. THEY ARE INDEED DIFFERENT FROM THE ASIA FIT FLAK 1.0 LENSES IN BOTH DEPTH AND FIT

The employee helping me told me he wasn't sure they'd fit so I brought my Asia Fit frames out and he popped the lenses in. Sure enough, they are *slightly* loose where they snap in next to the nose bridge. Not enough to really affect performance or fall out unless maybe you are doing something where you are seriously bouncing around. In addition to that, the XLJ lenses are deeper than the Asia Fit XLJ lenses. The Asia fit XLJ lenses I have don't touch my cheeks but the Standard XLJ lenses do.

Thankfully, he looked around and found a bunch of other spare lenses in both XLJ and regular size (Both Standard Fit). I don't like the look of the regular lens quite as much but they are more comfortable since they don't touch my face...and since they were closing them out, they were super cheap so I picked them up.

I'll post pictures when I get home. I know this is pretty irrelevant since they don't sell the Flak 1.0 frames anymore and aren't making the lenses either. But you never know who this might help, right?
That’s really interesting. My Asian fit flak jackets could fit regular lenses no problem. Polarized, non polarized, prizm, xlj, regular, etc.

Back