• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket 2.0 vs Half Jacket 2.0 actual size

shooterandfisher

Oakley Beginner
First and foremost thanks to all the posters who've posted useful info here. I have two questions that I'm trying to clear up before buying.

HJ 2.0 and HJ 2.0 XL are the same frames but with different lenses?

Flak Jacket 2.0 frame is smaller than HJ 2.0 ? (why then is it called half?)
From the Oakley web site-
Half Jacket 2.0 XL has 62 mm lenses and 15mm bridge (139mm wide approx)
Flak Jacket 2.0 XL has 59 mm lenses and 12mm bridge (130mm wide approx)

Thanks in advance, s&f

Half Jacket 2.0 is definitely smaller. I don't have now but used to. I have a big head and it just didn't work or look right. It for a bit smaller than the Flak 1.0 even, and Flak 2.0 is bigger than 1.0. Also, the Flak 2.0 flexes much easier.

Lenses are different between Half 2.0, Flak 1.0, & Flak 2.0.

Half jackets are for smaller heads or at least the ones I have I always feel the half jacket is a smaller fit and feel when wearing. Both flaks feel larger and fit different then the half. Hard to explain until you wear them. Not sure how well known this is but flak jacket 1.0 lenses fit in the half jacket 2.0 frame, while a little snug, they fit! I do it all the time. Go try them on in a local store and you'll see what I'm talking about. Good luck!

sent from my StupidPhone!

Yeah thanks folks for confirming. My local's a long, long, long way away so am getting most help from here and youtube(mostly Dann Thombs and Sportrx).

This might help others-
Flak 1.0 lenses fit into Half Jacket 2.0 (but not the other way)
Flak 1.0 and HJ 2.0 are very similar size (same size? be great to see photos of these together to confirm same width and same lens curvature!)
Flak 2.0 is bigger than Flak 1.0 and HJ 2.0
HJ 1.0 was smaller but was discontinued.

Back