• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Advice

superdon

Oakley Beginner
So...I need to replace my old and battered half jackets. I think I have decided on Flak Jackets, but dont know what combination to go for.

I like the more subtle colours. So, I was interested in the SI range with matte black. I also like the look of the grey smoke. Booth dont seem to appear with many combination of lens, so I guess I am looking at custom?

Can anyone give me any advice on the matte black or grey smoke frames? Anyone got any good pictures or videos?

Also. I need to decide on lenses. I am in the UK and only really wear sunglasses when its sunny over here, or when away on holiday (I am lucky enough to get away quite a bit though). I also do a lot of driving. I would prefer polarized lenses this time, I think.

Can anyone help me decide :)

My first pair of flaks was grey smoke with vr28bip and ice iridium. Both were xlj. imo xlj makes them look bettter as well as giving more coverage for same price. Sorry no pictures however, i can give my first hand advice i loved them. I lost them in a car wreak thats the only reason i no longer have them. Btw welcome to the forum bro

I was in a very similar situation - needed to replace my half jackets, live in the UK etc

I went with the polished black with OO Red polarized XLJ lenses. Since buying them I switched the ear socks for the red ones and I have now bought ice polarized lenses too. Current combo is ice lenses with white temple rubbers and blue ear socks. Plan is to ad fire lenses soon. I have red, yellow, blue, white and black rubbers and change them when I feel like it.

The OO red is a great lens for our dullish weather. Adds some contrast and when its bright I put in the Ice

Neil

I would go with the grey smoke frame, black rubber and xlj tungsten iridium lenses. Maybe get a H I persimon or a clear yellow for cloudy days. Can't go wrong with the tungsten in a smoke grey frame though.

I would go with the grey smoke frame, black rubber and xlj tungsten iridium lenses. Maybe get a H I persimon or a clear yellow for cloudy days. Can't go wrong with the tungsten in a smoke grey frame though.

+1 :thumb: And welcome to the forum also!

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of the Smoke Grey/Tungsten Iridium, but I cant find a OCP supplier that does the Tungsten lens? Does that mean they are only available as an individual purchase?

Okay, so I got some prices on the Flaks with the Tungsten lens and its coming out quite expensive, so I think I will have to ditch that combo. My only option to keep it within my budget is to go with one of the standard combos, or one of the custom options.

I also have another option. Have been offered a pair of Juliets in excellent condition, but with non polarised (emerald iridium) for around £140 gbp. I have never tried Juliets so don't know how they would fit!

Latest Posts

Back