• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Fix

Take it from a USC alum and fan, you have wayyyy to much Mizzou crap in your closet. Time to donate to charity and start anew with Cardinal and Gold gear. USC is, after all, the nearest Division 1A school and major media market to Oakley's HQ. If you were a true Oakley fan, you would be a USC fan. :D

Glad the fix seems to have helped. Thanks for the pix. Where exactly did you place the glue? On the two prongs extending from the ear stem, or the plastic bumps on the top and bottom of the extending prongs?

Oh no, born and raised in Columbia MO. I will never defect from my MIZZOU allegiance! Go Tigers and go Oakley! :D

I put the glue on all of those places, the prongs extending from the ear stem, and the plastic bumps on the top and bottom of the extended prongs.

found the thread :) ill give this a try cause id like the arms on mine to be a lil tighter!

It worked nicely for me. Only thing, as I was told by Batwolf when I messaged him about it initially, it would probably be best to not snap the arms out of the frame anymore after the fix to keep the new "plastic" from wearing down again.

Welcome to the SEC Mizztyler91. Oakleys are usually well repesented at the 1130 game.

Oh no, born and raised in Columbia MO. I will never defect from my MIZZOU allegiance! Go Tigers and go Oakley! :D

You tell that PAC 12 troublemaker that you're SEC now and he should go wax his surfboard and let you concentrate on football (and fixing your Oaks). :)

In all seriousness, with a little luck our SoCal Trojan friend might get the last laugh this year.

Saw this thread a while back but before receiving my flaks from a forum member, I had no reason to use this. When I received them I was really happy they look much better in person although one arm seemed looser than the other, so I gave this a go. It worked a treat. Thanks mizz and batwolf

Back