• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Flak Jacket Lenses - XLJ Preferred, Std Considered

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hi all,

Wife dropped my Flak Jackets yesterday and put a nice scratch on each of the lenses. Time to replace.

Looking here first to score a deal before visiting the local O Store to pay retail. Looking to buy the XLJ lenses, but will consider the standard lenses. Would also prefer the XLJ to be the old stock vs. the new, though it's not a deal breaker. If you didn't know, the newer lenses are actually taller than the older ones. This provides more coverage, but with my face the newer lenses touch my cheeks if i smile.

Looking for non-polarized, Fire Iridium, Black Iridium, or VR28 Black Iridium. These are the colors i'm primarily looking for, but open to other lens tints. PM me with what you got. Again, not looking to spend more than retail, which is about $60 per set.

Thanks!

Some people reacted to this post.
PMing

Thanks for the PM. Still looking.

I have some bi ones that are new i can offer up. Ill check when i get home if they are the tall ones or not.

Tall or not, that would be awesome. Let me know what you're looking to get shipped to 92612 :)

Thank you Gecko for a set of Black Iridium XLJ's!

Would also love a pair of Fire Iridium if anyone has one they need to get rid of.

pm sending

Just FYI, you want the old stock lenses. On all newer flaks, the NON polarized lenses are bigger than the polarized ones. So if you want the "smaller" XLJ, you will be most happy with polarized ones.

Good tip. Thanks!

I thought the new lenses were the ones that were smaller. I have some Fire Iridium lenses, non-polarized that I can sell. Let me know.

Back