• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Picture Request

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
today, i was able to try on a pair of flak jackets. i already own a pair of half jackets, but i think i like the flat stem of the flaks over the curved stem on the half's. after trying them on, i immediately noticed the flak jackets were extremely comfortable as are the half's, but looked better due to the flat stems.

anyway, i have an opportunity to get a pair of S.I. flak jackets at the S.I. discounted price. matte black with black earsocks and nosebombs. however, this is exactly how my half jackets look. so i wanted to change it up a bit by buying some different colored replacement earsocks. but it would be nice to see a picture first. the flak jackets seem to be extremely popular, so i thought the chance of someone having one of the following color combinations were pretty good.

matte black frame/black iridium lenses with:
white earsocks
red earsocks
slate earsocks

any pics are appreciated.

I have a pair of SC Trojans Flak Jackets.

http://www.oakley.com/products/6438/23763

4b1fc7143b7be.jpg

The red is actually a bit brighter in person than it is on the site.

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's pretty close. I can take pictures for you when i get home if you need me to.

You know you can go to the Oakley website and customize these yourself and see what they'll look like.

SpliceD said:
I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's pretty close. I can take pictures for you when i get home if you need me to.

a picture would be great. the red is kind of what i'm worried about. the website makes the red earsocks look pretty dark when i customize them. i think a brighter, more radiant red would look better against the black.

doowutchyalike said:
You know you can go to the Oakley website and customize these yourself and see what they'll look like.

i've tried that, but those pictures look so fake. i customized a pair with each color of earsocks, but its very hard to tell how it will really look. a real picture always helps more.

Sorry about not getting the pics up last night, but here it is:

And just so you can see side by side the differences btwn actual and Oakley photoshopped:

4b1fc7143b7be.jpg

Oh and BTW, the picture i took is from my phone under a compact fluorescent light bulb

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the pic splice. the red def looks better in the real pic. i think the red and black go together nicely.

I have oakley Flak jacket with metallic blue frame lens slate iridium with white rubber. if you are interested only with the white rubber, I am willing to sell them separately. send me PM if you have any question. thank you

here is the pic :

Last edited by a moderator:
Back