• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket Vs Flak Jacket XLJ

the lens clarity is the biggest reason i love oakley. when i was trying on sunglasses, i immediately noticed the clarity the second i put a pair of oakleys on and i've been a customer ever since. with cheaper aftermarket lenses, you will get cheap quality as well as poor clarity.

Absolutely love those on Goggles. What about a more neutral lens that you'd describe the same way? (not to dark, not too light)

VR28 Black is pretty nice lens. Not very flashy, is toward the darker side but the increased contrast helps. Grey is pretty good for non-contrast. Gold is also nice, pretty bright lens for being in the teens for transmission, and not flashy.

If you replace the lens for an inferior lens than your not wearing Oakleys anymore. Also...you should reconsider the XLJ size lens. If you face/head is too small, then nevermind. But if you just think it looks funny, think about why it's shaped that way. It's shaped to cover more of the eye and block out more sun. It's the size most pros use. You'll see them in the upcoming Olympics...hell, every Olympics in recent years.

Latest Posts

Back