• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket XLJ Prescription???

Flakjacket

Oakley Beginner
Illinois
Does anyone have a picture of ANY sunglasses with prescriptions in them? I would like to get prescription for my xlj but am unsure what they will look like? They have certain area that is prescription or the entire lenses just look normal but prescription?

The entire lens will be your prescription and should look pretty standard. The only place you might notice a difference is around the edges as it might be a little thicker depending on your prescription. The only pair that uses an insert currently is M Frame or Radar.

@FlackJacket - I wear them almost everyday, clear transitions, awesome Rx glasses! I'll post a pic later for you.

Pics of Rx XLJ Flak Jackets, mine are clear transitions with AR coating. Oakley Rx optics are amazing, I will not wear anything else!

C57B9F30-0CFE-4F98-BD36-DFAA0B22BBC7-631-0000004B76F0FDD5.jpg

B7E1B974-3EEC-48C6-9B9C-AE1D286217F8-631-0000004B7C03CD56.jpg

6F31700B-2573-43E4-ACD2-332F12D3BD3A-631-0000004B79E2B833.jpg

Awsome so they look like just reg xlj lenses just maybe a little thicker... Cool thanks for the pics

Yup, just like the stock lens but with beveled edges so that they fit in the frame, I can stick these lenses in any flak jacket frame that I've got.

so i have a required bevel lens fee ok.... now the lense i will have OTD Black iridium polarized with back AR? (Back anti relective??)) Also on the side it asks for anti relective coating for 30 but isnt that already in the lense?

so i have a required bevel lens fee ok.... now the lense i will have OTD Black iridium polarized with back AR? (Back anti relective??)) Also on the side it asks for anti relective coating for 30 but isnt that already in the lense?

You get AR on the front of the lens, back side AR is the extra $30. I've had both, didn't feel the extra $30 was needed. It's up to you though...

The material is the same but z87.1 cannot be stated on RX due to the differing thickness of Rx lenses. You are probably good to go but Oakley cannot legally say they are.

Back