• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Nose Bombs

eldiablojoe

Oakley Beginner
The first time I tried swapping out the nose bombs on my Flak Jackets, they got jumbled up in the palm of my hand. I didn't super-carefully remove the installed ones so I could super-carefully put the uninstalled ones on properly.

Anyone have a quick down and dirty simple method of replacing nose bombs. Seems every time I try to do it, I'm pretty sure they're not on right. Either theres a gap or the seams don't look right or I suspect I put them on upside down.

Do you hook from the top and stretch it down, or vice versa? Does the steeper shorter part of the bomb go on top and the longer trailing edge go down, or vice versa?

I have found that looking at the side that locks onto the frame, you will notice one side is higher then the other. This will be a key in knowing left from right. As for putting them on, put the top on first then pull down the nose pad and lock on the bottom. No issues. You will know of they are are wrong by the gaps. Don't mix up new with old either. Lol

I hook the prong into the hole and pull up then push down ucantellright from left because there's more pad on side that touches the nose unfortunately swapping lenses has never been as easy....I just can't get the hang of it and broke a lens once....picked up a new team USA and am switching ice into the lens...wish me luck...only paid 100 for the flaks bnib

The pointy side is the top, and the thicker side touches you nose. I get the top in, then pinch it with my finger nails and pull it down and hook in the bottom

Okay, I think I finally figured out how to tell top from bottom and left from right. Now I'm wondering what sizes they come in. I thought there were only large and small, but when I dug through my boxes this morning, I found a pack of nose bombs in my USC Flak Jacket box that appears to have three sizes of bombs. Am I seeing things??

IMG_2456.jpg

^ Side view

3sizestopcloseup.jpg

^ Top view

IMG_2448.jpg

^ Proper top/bottom, Left/right? ^

IMG_2443.jpg

^ The jacked up way I was wearing them for my normal caucasian nose bridge.

As far as I know there is no left/right on the nose pieces but there is a top/bottom. Pointed side is supposed to be pointing/facing up.

As far as I know there is no left/right on the nose pieces but there is a top/bottom. Pointed side is supposed to be pointing/facing up.
If you look at the back of the nose bombs, where the mounting hole is located, the hole is NOT centered. It is either left of center or right of center. Based on others' representations that the fat part goes toward the nose, I am thinking that the helps determine left and right.

Are there just two sized of nose bombs, or does my photo seem to show that there is a "medium" sized nose bomb? It came from a box with a very limited edition USC Trojans pair of Flak Jackets and was on display at The Oakley Store, so they could have shoved pieces from something else in there but they all appear to be shaped the same (flak bombs, right?).

I'm almost 100% positive they aren't side specific (at least on the Half, Fast and Flak Jacket).

And there are small and large size pieces, no medium.

They are side specific in the larger ones. Hold one pair in your hand facing same direction one will have a bit more rubber to the right of hole the other will have it to the left of the hole Oakley even lists them as left and right on an inventory sheet I got with an order wish I had a camera but I am positive because I was given 2 rights once and they were lopsided ...very slightly Thats for half and Flak Large only dont lnow abt smaller ones or the Fast JackI have 8 pairs of Flaks anf about 8 or 9 HJ 1 and 2 I am sure about this although strangely there seems to be less of a difference on some SI ones

Latest Posts

Back