• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Flex Couplers

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
There's no way to take them apart right?

I've heard that Oakley has some type of machine that removes the two posts that hold the flex coupler together. Is this true?

I have heard stories of people DIY it at home...some kind of drilling or something, but no, as far as I know the company has a customized device that performs it. I'm sure if there IS a way, someone here will know.

Its aggravating because I have deliberately cut down on inclusion of "tune up needed" x metals, NOT buying an XX, selling another. I was going back and forth on the 24K Juliet and XS, which to get, and there were several reasons I went with the XS, but the fact its flex coupler is likely more durable and self servicable long term was serious consideration. Right now I have 2 Juliets, 2 XS, a Romeo 2 and I'm considering unloading the Romeo 2 as much as I like it for a Romeo 1 because long term its easier (and cheaper) to replace stress fracture lenses on the 1 than get the 2 tuned.

It's possible to punch them out yourself, you just need to apply enough force. Of course you risk seriously damaging the frame without the proper equipment.

So since the back is flat and flush with the coupler, do they punch the thing through from the back? If so how do they manage to not scratch up the rounded front part of the post?

O got a customized press machine to remove the pin that holds the flex coupler together. Pressing the pin from front to back and back to front to installed it back. I heard some guy uses jewelry grade watch band pin remover and rubber hammer with big chances of deforming the frame. Be careful with the drill this will damage the pin and uncontrollable to use. Why take chances, just take it to OStore for refitting and everybody's happy. The original unobtainium flex coupler color is grey and no other color, I know everybody here knows this, just happy to share :dance3:

Latest Posts

Back