• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flight Jacket and Field Jacket

20180410_171801.jpg
20180410_171817.jpg
20180410_171842.jpg

First impressions:
  • AF pads and shorter stems included with Vault and MF bag
  • Lens is taller than the Jawbreaker although the "jaw" itself it a bit thicker — I assume for rigidity
  • A little less rigid than the Jawbreaker
  • Definitely lighter than the Jawbreaker
  • Vent function is a little stiff to do on the fly while new, and you need your fingers on the lenses to do this.
  • Long stem length matches that of the longest Jawbone setting, but the end opening is a smidge wider

Really, the general fit seems close to the Jawbreaker, as many would expect.

Review later with some time using them.

First impressions:
  • AF pads and shorter stems included with Vault and MF bag
  • Lens is taller than the Jawbreaker although the "jaw" itself it a bit thicker — I assume for rigidity
  • A little less rigid than the Jawbreaker
  • Definitely lighter than the Jawbreaker
  • Vent function is a little stiff to do on the fly while new, and you need your fingers on the lenses to do this.
  • Long stem length matches that of the longest Jawbone setting, but the end opening is a smidge wider

Really, the general fit seems close to the Jawbreaker, as many would expect.

Review later with some time using them.

Nice! Do you know if the lenses are exchangeable? If so, is it an easy process like it is with the Jawbreakers?

Not gonna be :(
I'm digging the Flight Jacket. I really like the temples, although the logo "icon" looks slapped on haphazardly! The field jacket is just ugly. Hopefully people like it, so I can sell a few lol.
Agreed.

if it was designed for you to have your head down for aerodynamics, you would think that they would follow the stem shape and angle the logo up so when looking down, the icon looks like it is moving forward!

Nice! Do you know if the lenses are exchangeable? If so, is it an easy process like it is with the Jawbreakers?

At the moment, it doesn't seem to be the case.

The jaw/lower rim is intentionally rigid to make up for the lack of top rim, and you see how it wraps around the entire edge. I'm sure it's possible, but not intended to handle swaps — just like the Zero EV.

I saw both at the local O store and have to say they were underwhelming. This coming from a true fan of Oakley sports frames. Maybe... m a y b e over time they may grow on me a bit but seriously doubt it. Honestly at least to me they seemed (and felt) flimsy and cheap compared to other sport frame offerings.
Maybe it's for the best because, man, I have spent a ton of money on my sports frames collection. And I certainly don't need more incentives to add to what I have (other than some custom paint ideas I have).

But yeah...I was excited to see them in person but ended up disappointed.

Just my opinion, though. I'm sure it will fulfill some requirements for other folks... Just (sadly) not for me:(

Latest Posts

Back