• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flight Jacket or Radar EV Advancer

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
What would be a better option for cycling? I don't have anything with advancer nose piece, I tried the Field jacket, but nose area is too narrow. Radar EV is by far my favourite, but does that advancer make the nose area little bit narrower than the original radar ev? These are my two preferred choices.
IMG_0806.jpeg
images - 2019-07-16T162210.608.jpeg

I haven't tried the EV Advancer yet, but it's on my list of pairs to track down. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of the Flight Jacket on the bike - the unobstructed top view was good, but I really felt hampered by that chunky bottom frame under the lenses. Like, every time I turned to look back behind me I had to really crane my neck to get beyond the sight limitation. I wear Jawbreakers regularly, and for whatever reason, don't find that to be an issue with those. As far as the nose piece thing - I can't say I really noticed all that much of a difference. I'm pretty sure I had the same level of airflow either way. But that could have just been my perception. YMMV.

I'm not sold on the nose bridge gimmick. I love my Radar EVs, and I don't see the Advancer as enough of an upgrade.

The Flight Jacket is a great lens shape. The frame is a bit chunky, but I don't have the issue of vision obstruction mentioned. I bought more lenses for my Radar EV instead of getting Flight Jacket. I may go back on that.

I've tried on Jawbreaker and I liked the coverage, but found the frame pretty chunky. It's also starting to drop off stock lists, and I'm the type to have a couple of lenses for my sport glasses.

Probably the Flight Jacket. I got rid of my Radar EV since I never really used them. Got a TT bike and the aero position is pretty aggressive. Can’t see well with the Radarlocks I normally use. The Radar EV does the trick. Prob could use more clearance, but works for what I need.

The flight jacket would probably eat my face. You could prob wait for a BR sale and just buy both?

For me, the Flight Jacket feels great. A little more "integrated" with the right helmet. Switching lenses is a bit more of a hassle than the Radar, though.

But for some reason, the Field Jacket has become my go-to for everything. On paper I didn't think so, but in practice, it's the most hassle-free imo.

The "Advancer" feature does work out for me. I do fudge with it even with casual use. It's 2019 and I have the option to keep my eyes warmer or cooler. Perfect for the Area 51 raid.

I've been using the regular Radar EV for years (for both road and mountain biking) and they are my favorites so far (had Radarlocks before). In fact, I'm stocking up on replacement shields/lenses too :)
The Radar EV with the Advancer is far worse imho: the lower lens shape cuts in my cheek (i.e. lack of comfort), and the Advancer does precious little since the original EV was already well-vented.
Tried the Field Jacket: agree about the narrow nose bridge, and the Advancer hinges were creaking/squeaking a lot (I've tried multiple pairs).
The Advancer on the Flight Jacket, by comparison, is more solid (no wiggle/creaking), but the lower frame hits my cheekbones again (also had the same issue with the Jawbones).

Back