• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ 5.56 vs. FMJ W Eye Jacket

I will definitely hang on. I'm still on the hunt for the 1st gen FMJ Ws but when I owned them way back when in the 90s I thought that they were the FMJ 5.56 w/+Red Iridium.

I've got a set of 2nd gen on the way but the Oakley on the nose bridge has been rubbed off a bunch so I was thinking of taking the lenses as donors and putting them in a 1st gen 5.56. I can't find the actual FMJ Ws ANYWHERE!

Those almost look gunmetal to be honest. Not as dark but seemingly between 5.56 and gunmetal. The set I owned back in the day were much brighter than those. They're beautiful though and if you ever decide to part with the 5.56 or the FMJ Ws please put me first in line!

Do you have other EJs? I've got the EJ bug bad now and I think I'm going to start focusing my collection on them.

Those almost look gunmetal to be honest. Not as dark but seemingly between 5.56 and gunmetal. The set I owned back in the day were much brighter than those. They're beautiful though and if you ever decide to part with the 5.56 or the FMJ Ws please put me first in line!

Do you have other EJs? I've got the EJ bug bad now and I think I'm going to start focusing my collection on them.

I will consider you to have first dibs if ever I sell them.

I do have another pair of Ivory / Black in fairly good shape....gen 1, can't think of any others right now, but will have a mooch.

Latest Posts

Back