• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ BS

I sold the watch for what I felt was fair market value. I could care less if someone sells it for more. If I wanted $12,500 for it I could have priced it that way. Nobody has paid $12,000 for that watch from all the sale threads I have seen. Anyone who does pay that is paying top dollar for something and several thousand dollars more than anyone else has in the last 6-8 years. That’s their decision. I also never sold it with the intention the next buyer would keep it forever. What they do is their business. The fact it is for sale less than two months after I parted with it is odd. Very odd. Makes me question whether the buyer is an Oakley fan really. If you want to buy things simply as investments there are better ways to do it. I’ve bought lots of cases and sold them for more after putting time, labor and parts into them. That’s reasonable. Why you would expect to make $2500 profit on an item for doing nothing escapes me.
Very discouraging...but, people do it all the time.

I can't speak to that person's reasoning, but i have purchased watches that I thought I would love that just didn't fit me well so I immediately sold them.

Alternatively, I have also listed items watches/sunglasses that I was on the fence about at high prices saying to myself "if someone is willing to pay that for it, then i'll let it go otherwise, i'll keep it."

But it could be purely profit-driven, but I agree the price is high.

Back